• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tyson Gay tests positive

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Odd, and strangely impressive.

But why did they even bother to also search Powell's room if he threw his people under the bus? It's going to be outrageously neat in there. No smelly socks even.

Definitely an interesting development, it's unclear if he was freaking out or if was in a calm Machiavellian state of mind.

As for his room before making the call I expect he went over it with a fine tooth comb to remove any traces of PED's then went back and tried to make it look natural; pubic hair on the soap, smelly socks everywhere, bags of potatoe chips on the table, beer cans from last night on the window sill etc.

Briant_Gumble said:
Definitely an interesting development, it's unclear if he was freaking out or if was in a calm Machiavellian state of mind.

As for his room before making the call I expect he went over it with a fine tooth comb to remove any traces of PED's then went back and tried to make it look natural; pubic hair on the soap, smelly socks everywhere, bags of potatoe chips on the table, beer cans from last night on the window sill etc.

Too much work for a sprinter if you ask me. And pubic hairs WILL be analysed, however short they may be.

I'd just buy some colorful bra's and panties off local working girls and litter them around the place.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Apparently a Brit went 9.91 a few days ago. Anybody know who he was?

Donavan Baily is cool because he took away Carl Lewis world record a few years back, made me smile that. :eek:

It looks more and more like an organized take-down f some bigger names to keep control over the game, while of course keeping Bolt out of the mess. Doubt he could test positive if he tried to.
The dozens of pro athletes from Russia and Turkey sacrificed didn't really leave a mark, so they had to up the ante, catch some Jamaicans who were looking too slippery. How they could influence USADA...not sure. But they could spike Gay, and his words may have meant something like that.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:
Apparently a Brit went 9.91 a few days ago. Anybody know who he was?

Donavan Baily is cool because he took away Carl Lewis world record a few years back, made me smile that. :eek:

James Dasaolu

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I find it a bit intriguing that Dasaolu set that time in the semi final and then didn't compete in the final because of an injury. He didn't look to injured to me how he finished the race.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Have to say i'm finding the whole Powell/Gay story bizarrely intriguing - Powell ASKING for a raid? Either he might actually be a victim (bloody stupid one though), or he's a doping b***tard with balls of steel.

King Boonen said:
Strange you'd mention this. Do you feel it's relevant? By that I mean would you be more inclined to believe someone who was the same religion as you?

Genuine question as I'm not religious.

King - I said the opposite namely despite Indurain being (presumably) a Church going Catholic he looked dirty on a bike. My point was that personal attacks on dopers for their moral failings make no sense. A virtuous man might dope and a rogue might be clean. This forum is about their actions and nothing else.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
BPKGj9vCYAAe7cr.jpg:large

A list of the fastest men on track. With a red line through the ones caught cheating.

buckle said:
King - I said the opposite namely despite Indurain being (presumably) a Church going Catholic he looked dirty on a bike. My point was that personal attacks on dopers for their moral failings make no sense. A virtuous man might dope and a rogue might be clean. This forum is about their actions and nothing else.

Ah ok, thanks. I should learn to read properly.

Anthony Galea!

The Canadian at the centre of track-and-field doping accusations was a long-time employee of a Toronto sports medicine clinic operated by Dr. Anthony Galea, who pleaded guilty in 2011 to importing “misbranded” drugs, including human growth hormone, into the United States.

After two top Jamaican sprinters, Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson, acknowledged that they had tested positive for a banned stimulant, Mr. Powell’s agent blamed the test result on Chris Xuereb

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-to-blame-for-positive-tests/article13272137/

What a great business. No certifications required!

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
The Canadian at the centre of track-and-field doping accusations was a long-time employee of a Toronto sports medicine clinic operated by Dr. Anthony Galea, who pleaded guilty in 2011 to importing “misbranded” drugs, including human growth hormone, into the United States.

After two top Jamaican sprinters, Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson, acknowledged that they had tested positive for a banned stimulant, Mr. Powell’s agent blamed the test result on Chris Xuereb

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-to-blame-for-positive-tests/article13272137/

What a great business. No certifications required!

Looking forward to hearing Powell's excuse for why this guy was hired.

It will be hard to explain away "he was the only guy who was willing to break the law" but I'm sure they will try.

Briant_Gumble said:
Looking forward to hearing Powell's excuse for why this guy was hired.

It will be hard to explain away "he was the only guy who was willing to break the law" but I'm sure they will try.

Blaming someone else has never been tried before. Think WADA will buy that?

Xuereb has some interesting things to say about the strategy, though:

Full statement from Powell, Simpson trainer Xuereb

"...We need to remember that in addition to Asafa and Sherone, three other Jamaican athletes tested positive at the 2013 Jamaican trials. I had no contact with these athletes nor do I know them.It is time the athletes took responsibility for their doping instead of looking around for a scapegoat whether that person is their therapist, bartender or anyone else....

Dave.

More Strides than Rides said:
Imagine if Froome or Wiggans pulled this stunt:

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/25...Monaco-Press-Conference-after-doping-question

(Video towards the middle)

You mean like the Stage 17 strike after the hotel raids in the Festina scandal?

The pullout of Astana after Vino tested positive?

The pullout of Cofidis after Moreni tested positive in 2007? Followed by the French rider strike on Stage 16?

Or, Wiggo and his c**** statement?

Or, Froome and his most recent "I've worked my a*** off to get here, now I'm accused of being a cheat and a liar"?

Fortunately, cyclists would never behave like spoiled, petulant track stars when faced with the issue of doping.

Frankly, when I read about that incident all I could think of was the spillover from cycling behavior.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS