• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

U23 races and talents

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Intermarché talent (not sure if they actually signed him for the pro team already) Bussato wins Liege Bastogne Liege u23. Sprint of 10-20 rider group.
The guys was already 14th in BP a few days ago, 4th in the Muscat classic and 7th in the Veneto classic at the end of last season. Fast, punchy guy who can climb a bit, last year he was 2nd on the Zoncolan from Sutrio (minus the final 3kms) mtf olin the Giro del Friuli.

Was LBL broadcast somewhere? Don't know how the race unfolded, but looking at the results i would have expected the illegitimate son of Wout and Mathieu to have been on the podium at least, if that was a bunch sprint. Or did a few groups fuse right at the finish perhaps? Also good to see Ramses Debruyne on the right track again. I must have first mentioned him when he was a first year junior, but i think Samamba mentioned him having had some problems the past two years.

Was LBL broadcast somewhere? Don't know how the race unfolded, but looking at the results i would have expected the illegitimate son of Wout and Mathieu to have been on the podium at least, if that was a bunch sprint. Or did a few groups fuse right at the finish perhaps? Also good to see Ramses Debruyne on the right track again. I must have first mentioned him when he was a first year junior, but i think Samamba mentioned him having had some problems the past two years.

Headwind all day long, especially in the final. Hard to make any difference (parcours also isn't the hardest). Segaert and the Dane mentioned above went up the road with 45k to go. Peloton catched them with around 20k to go. Some attacks here and there, but nothing sticked. Sprint with 15ish guys in the end.

Debruyne had serious knee problems in his first year, then when he was fit he fell into a ravine and had serious injuries. Was ok in the 2nd part of last year, but now it's time to show more. He definitely is having some throuble to get the results that were expected.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Segaert and Gudnitz attacked with 20 km to go, Segaert couldn't follow on the hills at around -12 km, Gudnitz was 25 seconds ahead when he was directed straight with the correct road to the left blocked by race organization around -8 km. Moto, race vehicles and neutral service also went the wrong way. (from feltet.dk)

Last edited:
  • Wow
A wet Paris Roubaix u23 got dominated by Belgians today.

Very surprising winner and podium imo. Tijl De Decker solo'ed to the victory. He's having a good season, but I wouldn't have expected him to do this.
More than a minute behind Gil Gelders got 2nd and De Deckers teammate Orins 3rd.

Lotto Dstny ended with all of their 6 riders in the top 20. Funny thing is that pre race favorite Segaert had the worst result out of them.

FvimfTSXoAAIUX_

Trinity doing well in the Orlen Grand Prix with Donaldson and Nerurkar finishing ahead of Busatto. Nerurkar will surely be signed by a WT team next season? A British rider for Trinity used to mean automatic promotion to Ineos, but maybe that's changed with Gloag's defection to Jumbo last year?

So RCS took over the Baby Giro, gave it a new English name for no reason (Giro Next Gen) and put Vegni's son in charge because nepotism. Now don't get me wrong, he might prove himself to be a capable race director, but it's clear that he only got the job/opportunity to prove himself because of his father.

That said, the route ain't bad. An opening ITT, 2 stages for the sprinters, 2 hilly stages, a short stage with a Stelvio MTF and the final stage looks really good:
giro-ciclistico-d-italia-2023-stage-7-profile-00258fde84.png

TRENDING THREADS