• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI, McQuaid, Verbruggen threaten to Sue Landis

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
They're drawing Floyd out of his cave. Thinking if they tie him up in legal proceedings he'll crack mentally. In addition they know he can't use evidence in the Armstrong case and they want him to show some cards. Landis's (LeMond's) lawyers will respond with a letter refuting the claim asking for more evidence and the point of law which the parties feel they have been "injured". A tremendous waste of time and money on the UCIs behalf. But heck it will stop Floyd saying "What about me"? - If Alberto is set free why did I not get the same pass for my tiny amount of drugs?

In other news FDJ confirms a bigger budget and 4 years of money along with an ardent anti-doping policy...... They fail to get a ProTour license..... what are the rules to get a license? They're not published. Even to the teams.

Thanks Hog. You seem to know what's going to happen ahead of the game.

McQuaid Swiss Law

Barrus said:
Does anyone know Swiss law? Because it would appear odd to me in this case to start a suit against an US citizen for statements made in Germany which would probably not even account for a tort, let alone that the damage took place in Switzerland

Barrus
Investigative journalist Andrew Jennings who wrote The Lord of the Rings about the IOC being corrupt, another bunch of Swiss Officials like the UCI. Was convicted in a swiss court and a prison sentance was imposed, but only is it enforcable in Switzerland if he ever went there, but IOC president then claimed they had won the battle in court.
This is what the corrupt McQuaid and his bunch of gangsters will do and then they can say that they proved there innocence.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
He specifically asked about swiss law regarding libel/slander not european law governing italian doping practices.
Noop, just pretending, Barrus was fishing:p while tossing the countries, then mixing them up, and at the end wondering where a case should be done. This is what Sir Barrus said a post before:

"The fun thing is that they can do whatever they want in Switzerland, such a verdict in itself is not enforceable in the US"

Can you imagine me telling the dude this as it feels for ages now, and if it is in his corner and his alikes them Swiss can take their pants off. That makes me
huge.gif

TeamSkyFans said:
And besides, barrus wasnt saying he knew the law, he was asking you to provide evidence to show that as you claimed, you knew the law.
I do, as the outcome of the Berto case is my whitness

Barrus said:
And, Daotec ... not even giving a reason on which you based your statements. And you still did not refute my legal reasoning or the sources I posted and just went on posting statements without any merit

Again my dear friend, was no need for it, Constitutional, nothing more to it period. On the other hand you people of great knowledge refuse to accept that some thing aren't that diff as being served by the enemy (UCI, ISU, IAAF etc., ! with exception of all National Fed, inst, bodies etc.) or some reincarnation of the devil (WADA, CAS/TAS etc.).

Here the
devil.gif
needs to go to work to safe it's $$$ tree:
(http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7450/WADA-to-consider-appeal-over-Contador-clearing-on-doping-charges.aspx)

But for that it is to late. The National governments will take control over this evil, and start regulate it through their own legal system in the future, so that legal and human rights for every individual sportsman are equily protected by constitutional laws, and not by a bunch of cash burning lavish pseudo arbiters, living in a mini mouse world they call a court, with some bleary rulebook to crusify.
sleepy1.gif

(Don't take this message personal it's for illustative purpose only, is not an insult of intelligence, nor is meant to be as stinging slap in the face instead.)

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Does anyone have any idea what he just said?
For real, I am stumped.:confused:

No. I don't read his posts. I just look at the emoticons.

A

Anonymous

hrotha said:
Okay seriously, this is creepy as hell.

Duuuuude. If you throw enough tomato slices against the window eventually one of them will stick.:D

Floyd

forty four said:
yeah hes great! but really back to reality actually hes a failed lying blackmailer who would happily be involved in the sport if his blackmail efforts had been effective. oh and the lemond molestation threats that to and the floyd fairness fund class act real man no doubt.
he is high level immoral epic scumbag its as if peoples delusion and hatred for certain others causes short term memory loss amazing and i would assume most are grown men on here really? grow up kids look at facts regarding this clown.

I bet you think LA is Mother Terasa then Forty four ????

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
yeah hes great! but really back to reality actually hes a failed lying blackmailer who would happily be involved in the sport if his blackmail efforts had been effective. oh and the lemond molestation threats that to and the floyd fairness fund class act real man no doubt.
he is high level immoral epic scumbag its as if peoples delusion and hatred for certain others causes short term memory loss amazing and i would assume most are grown men on here really? grow up kids look at facts regarding this clown.

I think forty four is unwilling to admit that, in order to rise high, you first have to fall deep.

And indeed, the reverse will turn out to be true for LA.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I thought Landis is a liar with no credibility? And now they wanna sue him? How ridicolous is that? FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Floyd, if the corrupt pack proceeds, I'll participate in this time's Floyd Fairness Fund, no doubt! Let's rot out this corrupt UCI pack! Liars, liars, liars!

Let's face it. It's like the Contador case. The guys with a lot of money to spend on lawyers can do what they want, get out of positive tests and want to shut the mouth of the poor. A shame that such a bunch of corrupt w.nkers is based here in Switzerland. Get out of here together with all tax cheating helping bankers & lawyers!

Hugh Januss said:
This time I would donate to Floyd's defense fund.

Add another second to that motion.

Also, willing to add my contributions from at least an entire thread's worth of UCI lies and BS that Floyd can throw back at them.

Yet another stupid UCI move. If they sue, let's hope for an open trial with lots of discovery. If they don't sue, just further proof of the corruption and intimidation.

They lose, and they lose. Of course, they have already lost it.

I am sure Floyd could subpoena some files, though he wouldn't have to go any further than requesting a 'receipt' or 'receipts' on the Lance Armstrong 'donation' as well as a precise accounting for it.

I have money burning a hole in my wallet to see some of that evidence come forward.

Dave.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
la.margna said:
I thought Landis is a liar with no credibility? And now they wanna sue him? How ridicolous is that? FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Floyd, if the corrupt pack proceeds, I'll participate in this time's Floyd Fairness Fund, no doubt! Let's rot out this corrupt UCI pack! Liars, liars, liars!

Let's face it. It's like the Contador case. The guys with a lot of money to spend on lawyers can do what they want, get out of positive tests and want to shut the mouth of the poor. A shame that such a bunch of corrupt w.nkers is based here in Switzerland. Get out of here together with all tax cheating helping bankers & lawyers!

They're just Pi$$ed because he's right... and he's judgment-proof.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Heinz: "Pat, you better get on this thing right away!"
Pat: "I know, I know. But the guy won the Tour. How's that going to look?"
Heinz: "I don't give a sh*t! I left this franchise to you and I'm not getting my cheese; you know what I mean you Irish gangster?"
Pat: "Don't get your panties in a bunch, Heinz..."
Heinz: "MR. VERBRUGGEN TO YOU, TOILET TROUT!"Pat: "Yeah, but we gotta give it a little time, you know to cool off."
Heinz: "He's been going on about this since last Spring!"
Pat: "Wait...what...who? We talking about the same thing?"
Heinz: "LANDIS YOU IDIOT!"
Pat: "Oh...I thought you meant...never mind. I'm on it."

Barrus said:
The fun thing is that they can do whatever they want in Switzerland, such a verdict in itself is not enforceable in the US, so even if they win, unless a procedure is started in the US to get the verdict enforcable (if there is some form of execution treaty) or otherwise perhaps even a completely new trial, Landis has nothing to worry about, unless perhaps he has assets in Switzerland. So he doesn't need to respond in any manner

"execution treaty" !? ROTFLMAO at this awesome typo. I can see the headlines now;

Disgraced former pro cyclist Floyd Landis executed in Switzerland. UCI death squads now searching for Manzano, Bassons, and Simeoni.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
My lawyer friend says that a lawsuit filed in a foreign country against a US citizen will most likely appear on any future background check (for a job, mortgage, criminal investigation, etc) as long as it is outstanding unless that US Citizen is acquitted.

Dear Mr Ditzensheim,

I hope something has not happened to you (!) I have been looking forward to getting to know you good. I have copied Mr. Verbeast at the UCI because a year ago he sent me a similar email asking for some kind of retraction. I don't know what you want retractioned though(!!!).

And I am not living in Switzerland now though and maybe you have a colleague that you trust (and with his records!!!) that can represent me in my upcoming trial. If he can represent me for 500 Swiss Franks that would be GREAT (!!) because I am broke. (that would be 250 swiss franks up front!!!).

One other thing is I want to request that the trial be in Zurich in the summer because it is beautiful there but cold. If Zurich doesn't work possibly San Diego(?????). I live here!!

Thank You!
Floyd

This is a serious matter

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2011/uci-verbruggen-mcquaid-threaten-landis

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Dear Mr Ditzensheim,

I hope something has not happened to you (!) I have been looking forward to getting to know you good. I have copied Mr. Verbeast at the UCI because a year ago he sent me a similar email asking for some kind of retraction. I don't know what you want retractioned though(!!!).

And I am not living in Switzerland now though and maybe you have a colleague that you trust (and with his records!!!) that can represent me in my upcoming trial. If he can represent me for 500 Swiss Franks that would be GREAT (!!) because I am broke. (that would be 250 swiss franks up front!!!).

One other thing is I want to request that the trial be in Zurich in the summer because it is beautiful there but cold. If Zurich doesn't work possibly San Diego(?????). I live here!!

Thank You!
Floyd

This is a serious matter

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2011/uci-verbruggen-mcquaid-threaten-landis

That reads like the email, and subsequent exchange, Heiney sent Floyd last year.

Mockery will get you everywhere. It is clear Landis is taunting them.

TRENDING THREADS