• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Interesting, I wonder where he's riding this year

I'm guessing he's just racing MTB for Specialized Factory Racing as it's Olympic year, and there are only two places per country. I did think he'd been placed on Bora by Specialized, but maybe not.....
And his World Cup wins came in Specialized colours, not Bora - so they didn't get any benefit from his MTB wins.

Some news, and transfer news:

Vali Holl returns to YT from Rockshox-Trek; I think the Trek Factory have made a mistake in not signing her; they don't have a full time female DH rider.......Maybe all the money has gone on all the road riders they signed.

Chiara Teocchi move to Orbea Factory Team, and PFP will return in La Nucia, Spain.

List of UCI MTB teams released; some notable names. Ineos have 4 riders including Brandon Rivera & Ben Turner. Puck is back on Alpecin for MTB, no Cam Mason or Ceylin.
Interestingly, Trek Factory Racing-Pirelli have Albert Philipsen on their team, but not the Holmgrens......
I would't read much into this. Because on the Cyclocross section for example, Puck Pieterse and Fem van Empel are missing.

UCI Marathon World Cup for 2024; just the 3 rounds, with the Worlds in Snowshoe:

Any idea if Snowshoe is going to have amateur races the same weekend? I'd go race that for sure. Lake Placid doesn't interest me as much. The article does lead one to think that there will be "open" races at the 3 World Cup rounds.

Reactions: jmdirt
A good weekend for Ineos, with two XCO wins with both World Champions.......

Something I've noticed when the Ineos social media account put out non World Cup MTB race info, is the number of people asking where they can watch. Fortunately, this race had a You Tube stream, but often there is no live coverage.......

Reactions: jmdirt