• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I imagine the Cape Epic takes up the budget for South Africa. Cairns in Australia held the MTB Worlds in 2017 but nothing since. I know Crankworx have held rounds in NZ, and Hardline Tasmania, but nothing for XC MTB.......

Here in the UK, apart from the Olympics in 2012, and last year's Worlds in Glentress, we've had no XC World Cup since Dalby in 2011???? there's no ££££ for it.

Tangent observation - I am very curious to see how some of the nations that are writing extremely strong right now fare at the Olympics and world championships. Basically, I hope their selection criteria has not driven them to be at an exceptional level now, only to be crap by the most important part of the season

Reactions: jmdirt
Two excellent Elite races, and two deserving winners. Jenny rode a measured race, and was always thereabouts with the leaders, and made her attack decisive....with Batten having an 'off' trying to keep up.
Blevins' win was very similar to his Snowshoe win in 2021; made his way through the riders ahead, andkept his powder dry until late in the last lap......

A very good weekend for US racers, and US teams including the U23 races.

I'm guessing British Cycling didn't send any U23 riders to the trip to Brazil; both the top U23 are now doing other disciplines. The cupboard looks a little bare.

Two excellent Elite races, and two deserving winners. Jenny rode a measured race, and was always thereabouts with the leaders, and made her attack decisive....with Batten having an 'off' trying to keep up.
Blevins' win was very similar to his Snowshoe win in 2021; made his way through the riders ahead, andkept his powder dry until late in the last lap......

A very good weekend for US racers, and US teams including the U23 races.

I'm guessing British Cycling didn't send any U23 riders to the trip to Brazil; both the top U23 are now doing other disciplines. The cupboard looks a little bare.
It does, Blackmore will be racing the next few European rounds according to his team, but unlikely to have any long term off road future.
Carrick-Anderson, Greenshill and McGuire are also still part of the UK funded squad.
Carrick-Anderson and McHowell are the women's squad.
Guess they will race in Europe, British Cycling is not exactly flush with money at the moment.

Reactions: jmdirt
Gwendalyn Gibson broke her collar bone, and has now had surgery.....obviously out for a while - and may affect her attempts at Olympic qualification; as Batten & Blunk look nailed on for the US.

UCI collecting for their end of year party.