• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I heard somewhere that she was also helped by Katy Curd.

Yeah:

"I got into cycling late, so for me the emphasis was always to build fitness, but it gets to the stage where fitness is not enough. You need to have that technical ability. Last year, I was riding at the Forest of Dean and I saw Katy Curd go off a drop. I just went up and said, "Please teach me how to do that!", and since then she's been my technical coach. I feel more confident descending, and even little things transfer to cross – whether it's cornering, carrying speed or riding in ruts."

I heard somewhere that she was also helped by Katy Curd.

Yeah:

"I got into cycling late, so for me the emphasis was always to build fitness, but it gets to the stage where fitness is not enough. You need to have that technical ability. Last year, I was riding at the Forest of Dean and I saw Katy Curd go off a drop. I just went up and said, "Please teach me how to do that!", and since then she's been my technical coach. I feel more confident descending, and even little things transfer to cross – whether it's cornering, carrying speed or riding in ruts."

Good info, Katy is also a damn fine MTB rider so makes sense.

Some news/ possible transfers;
Trek-Vaude have signed quite a few U23 riders - and their young star Mona Mitterwallner will ride the Elites next season - and is leaving the team; one assumes for TFR....but who knows.
Sebastian Fini-Carstensen announced he was leaving Bart's team a few weeks ago - and this morning it's been confirmed he's going to KMC-Orbea, for a 1 year deal.

I'm willing to bet that Mona Mitterwallner is going to Cannondale.

She is not staying with Trek-Vaude but that was already likely after her season. I would expect her to stay with Trek and step up to the Factory Team but some rumours point her to a team without female representation and to add fuel to the fire she recently started following Mani Fumic, Avancini and Cannondale's digital media guy on social media.

Jolanda, Evie and Mona would be overkill.

I'm willing to bet that Mona Mitterwallner is going to Cannondale.

She is not staying with Trek-Vaude but that was already likely after her season. I would expect her to stay with Trek and step up to the Factory Team but some rumours point her to a team without female representation and to add fuel to the fire she recently started following Mani Fumic, Avancini and Cannondale's digital media guy on social media.

Jolanda, Evie and Mona would be overkill.
it's settled then :)

That is rather surprising - would love to know the full story. And they've signed the Junior MTB World 1st & 2nd........

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS