• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
yep, that will reduce the start field to purely big teams or factory teams... no young guns, no privateers :(
Exactly! Unless there is some more information about privateers and small groups having a different fee, it's really bad news. And even if there is some sort of sliding scale, it seems like a massive money grab. So far, only hearing bad news and no good news.

I hope Red Bull goes for their own series. I don't think downhill is so attached to the UCI brand as say XCO or road cycling.

If Red Bull can create a new series maintaining the essence of the sport (and the fans prefer that one) the big brands and riders will flock to the series with more exposure.

It's certainly possible - and there is a precedent. In motorcycle Enduro, there are now two World Championships; EnduroGP and Hard Enduro. The latter only gained full World Championship status last year; before that we had a series of mainly Red Bull sponsored events that made up the WESS...However, with coverage on Red Bull TV, it was far better than the established EnduroGP series. In fact, Rob Warner was on the coverage of last month's RB Erzbergrodeo.....

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we eventually get a RB Hardline World Cup......

Reactions: jmdirt
It was a strange one, as he only saw the end of the accident, and him flying through the air, minus his bike; On RBTV they summised he caught his bars on the bridge...
He looked pretty banged up, and his helmet did it's job; I do wonder whether he should race today....but one expects he will.

TRENDING THREADS