• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ah, the annual Worlds broadcast problem. As the Worlds are sold as a package, whoever shows the Road Worlds will usually be the rights holders - whether actually show the MTB Worlds is another matter; as I've read some don't bother, or show highlights/ delayed coverage.

I think here in the UK we'll have the choice of three streams; RBTV, BBC website/iPlayer and GCN/Eurosport, like last year.

Interesting. Lauren Smith (field reporter) seems to continue from RedBull to GCN/Eurosport.

Comms by Ric McLaughlin, former field reporter of RedBull before switching to Enduro World Series where is the host of the highlights reel and product placement show.

From the bits I've listened a scottish accent like his is not the best for an international audience, very hard to focus on the race while having to pay close attention to what is been saying. Lack of expert commentary (role of Bart Brentjens) also noticed.

anyone know the commentators for the under-23 races? the co-comms sounds exactly like dan martin 'you know'? obviously it's not but still, they are ok. need to focus more on the actual race more than the past.
But to sound like a whistful ex partner, 'it's just not rob warner'.

also first time i've seen martin vidaurre race making it look so easy. why didn't he step up to elites this year?

edit: i retract that last comment.

Last edited:
Starting that far back wasn't ideal - and probably burnt energy he needed later on; saying that, I think anywhere near his top form he gets a better result.
It might well be a combination of everything added up to him fading.

But what about Nino - incredible....
He and Valero were just incredible. I feel a bit bad for the French men's team with all the pressure that was no doubt on their shoulders.

Nevertheless, excellent racing today!

Pidcock also said he and others picked up a bug during the week, which might explain some of the subpar performances from some of the top riders.

A little ironic perhaps that in the week Evie Richards has been publicising the negative pressure on young riders to stay thin, that PFP wins easily with a fairly dramatic weight loss? Nice to see Hayley Batten fulfilling the promise she showed a couple of seasons ago and Neff being the best of the rest. Only a few days till the series decider. Surely everyone, apart from Australians, wants Terpsta to take the title?

PFP! Wow! World Champ on home soil!

Batten on the box!
Pidcock also said he and others picked up a bug during the week, which might explain some of the subpar performances from some of the top riders.

A little ironic perhaps that in the week Evie Richards has been publicising the negative pressure on young riders to stay thin, that PFP wins easily with a fairly dramatic weight loss? Nice to see Hayley Batten fulfilling the promise she showed a couple of seasons ago and Neff being the best of the rest. Only a few days till the series decider. Surely everyone, apart from Australians, wants Terpsta to take the title?
PFP didn't look different to me...

Reactions: Black Betsy

TRENDING THREADS