• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
During the XCC I had the feeling Neff tried to help Richards by blocking Keller and Rissveds. It looked really strange atleast and she blowed up in the last lap. I haven’t noticed team tactics in MTB before and was just wondering. Does team tactics usually exist and is it accepted like in Road Cycling?

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
During the XCC I had the feeling Neff tried to help Richards by blocking Keller and Rissveds. It looked really strange atleast and she blowed up in the last lap. I haven’t noticed team tactics in MTB before and was just wondering. Does team tactics usually exist and is it accepted like in Road Cycling?

It happened in the men's XCO race as well; Specialized slowed the pace down at the front to allow Blevins to come back.
I think it's going to become a tactic used more often by the stronger, bigger teams......

Gwendalyn Gibson broke her collar bone, and has now had surgery.....obviously out for a while - and may affect her attempts at Olympic qualification; as Batten & Blunk look nailed on for the US.

UCI collecting for their end of year party.
Dirt racers need all of the sponsors ($) they can get so the UCI fining racers for thanking their sponsors is completely stupid IMO. I don't care if this happens in other sports. If we are going to compare to other sports, the UCI should be fined for not bringing in the same kind of money as other sports.

A World Cup calendar should be made up of a variety of courses;whether hilly, ultra technical, flatter power courses, etc
They can't all be the same, otherwise you're not testing different elements.

Last week produced exciting close racing, this week may provide a tougher technical challenge - and a more spread out field. That mix is what the sport is about......