• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI Points system

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I find it strange that Lotto is not riding the Tour of Turkey where there are sprint opportunities for Ewan and GC possibilities for Sepulveda, instead of Romandie - I understand Romandie has got weaker over the last few years but It will be tougher to get results.

The full list of teams for ToT has not been announced yet, so they might still be riding it.

Tour of Turkey also is .1 now, so it's not like there are many points to win. In fact, with a stronger team they'd probably score more in Taiwan.

And as discussed before, in many cases it's also about money. At the Tour of Turkey it surely weren't the great roads which used to attract all those star sprinters. Maybe they are less interested in a PT now, while some sponsor in Taiwan was willing to pay for the trip.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Tour of Turkey also is .1 now, so it's not like there are many points to win. In fact, with a stronger team they'd probably score more in Taiwan.

And as discussed before, in many cases it's also about money. At the Tour of Turkey it surely weren't the great roads which used to attract all those star sprinters. Maybe they are less interested in a PT now, while some sponsor in Taiwan was willing to pay for the trip.

My reference to the Tour of Turkey was that it was a better race than Romandie if you are hunting UCI points and it always has sprint stages which may get a Ewan into form and test out one of the younger GC prospects in the team - I doubt the Tour of Taiwan would pay money for Lotto's Development team supplemented with two riders from their pro team.

uci-punten.png

Astana is just embarassing.

Serves them right for spending their money in a sprinter who needs an oiled sprint train to perform (in a team whose biggest sprinters in the past years might have been Guardini, Benfatto and Minali, without any remarkable results) and on another who has been invisible for 1 or 2 years, when Quintana is without a team.

Astana is just embarassing.

Serves them right for spending their money in a sprinter who needs an oiled sprint train to perform (in a team whose biggest sprinters in the past years might have been Guardini, Benfatto and Minali, without any remarkable results) and on another who has been invisible for 1 or 2 years, when Quintana is without a team.

I don't think getting catmurderer Tiberi is going to help them either honestly. Just a horrible team all around.

Corratec still being behind freaking Novo Nordisk makes me think there should some bare minimum requirement for WT wildcards, also outside GTs. Instead, we will see them fail to do anything other than being in token breakaways on the handful of flat stages for three weeks straight at the Giro. Keep in mind this is a team that hasn't scored a top-10 result in a pro race since San Juan back in January, where they got their only two of the season. Effectively means every RCS race is running with one team less, because a single gust of wind is unironically more impactful than their presence.

Also, I hope Astana fold before this cycle is over. Them taking a spot in every WT race for the next three years helps nobody.

73% of the Alpecin points come from Philipsen/Van der Poel

30,5% of UAE come from Pogacar

52,1% of Jumbo-Visma come from Roglic/Van Aert/Vingegaard, where Roglic + Vingegaard have little more points together than WVA.

This is why I previously posted that if a team like Astana got lucky with a super-talent then could quickly rise up the rankings - In saying that it's a long shot.

UNO X has now surpassed TotalEnergies on the 2023 ranking. They are now the 3 PCT team meaning they will get guaranteed wildcards to every WT one days race next season. That is if they stay above Total obviously, but looking at the form of both teams right now...

Lotto certainly and Israel honestly too are basically already guaranteed to get all the WT wildcards for 2024.

TRENDING THREADS