• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI's response to USADA report

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Be interesting to see if Lance wants to get revenge on Hein and Pat. He’s got nothing to lose anymore. Wouldn’t surprise me for him to go full genius.

It's about all this vindictive petty angry little man has left to make himself feel good.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Be interesting to see if Lance wants to get revenge on Hein and Pat. He’s got nothing to lose anymore. Wouldn’t surprise me for him to go full genius.

of course he won't. only chance is bruyneel.

any sponsors/teams/aso backlasing on pat not giving up his position?

It's on the front page of USA Today, complete with Pat's press conference.

This seems somewhat of a final nail to me. LA really is finished. His legacy almost certainly cemented as a complete liar and cheater, probably even the biggest fraud in the history of sports.

I have to wonder what % of people left in the world actually believe he was clean, and still have a favorable view of him? It has to be close to single digits for both.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
19.09% at this point.

So you voted that they would appeal then.

no, I guess you can't read. I said 20% voted for appeal, especially those with the biggest mouth. so where does it say EVERYONE with the biggest mouth?

Didnt the USADA say they werent showing all the evidence in the Armstrong reasoned response but keeping some back for the Bruyneel trial? If so then it would be interesting if some of that related to er, links between Bruyneel and the UCI?

Alpe d'Huez said:
I have to wonder what % of people left in the world actually believe he was clean, and still have a favorable view of him? It has to be close to single digits for both.

I think most people wouldn't give a **** and the rest think he is helping cure cancer.

If you frame your post within the cycling world then that'd be true. I think the general public just seeing this in the news would just see that him and everyone else was doping and that he has Livestrong.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:

This seems somewhat of a final nail to me. LA really is finished. His legacy almost certainly cemented as a complete liar and cheater, probably even the biggest fraud in the history of sports.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:

As was mentioned over the weekend, he took the media for a ride and used them as tools to help further his fraud,... " he used them and the media know he knew he was using them. Having been burned, they will assure he gets his rightful place in history..." He made himself a myth of the media's creation (with the template provided by himself) and now embarrassed by the fraud they were sold, they will repay him by making him the icon for frauds liars cheats and worse: the false idol and outright hoax.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
When they asked Phat Pat about Armstrongs "donation", his reaction reminded me of...

235196_509739e4c22686c0a92a0d4caec39957_large.jpg

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Plashed across USA Today says it all.

The percentage that still support him I say are the people that turned up to that livestrong gala the other night and the charity ride yesterday. Even saying that by looks of things not all them support him either and we have heard some Livestrong donors say they want their money back because they contributed under false pretenses. Everyone I have spoken to over here and who don't even follow the sport say they don't have the time of the day for him anymore. You would think some people who don't follow cycling may still see the Livestrong foundation as a means for still supporting him in some capacity but that does'nt even seem to wash with people now.

Right now, of course they will rally around him. Give it a year, 2 years, then come to a livestrong event, if one even exists, you will be amused at the gathering of sad sacks.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just woke up to this. After the disappointment of losing Rabo, some good news to wash down the bad taste. I never thought I would ever say this, but thank you, Pat McQuaid.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:

I know for a fact that there are still plenty of 'ordinary' (non-cycling) Americans who inhabit an African river. They dismiss everything with a, 'well everyone doped and he was still the best' despite everything that is now public knowledge. As far as some Americans go, there is also the question of what they see as 'patriotism' - all those gosh darn foreigners doing our boy down...

Judging purely by my own circle of acquaintances (US, UK, Euro) I'd say that the only people left who are still unwilling to condemn him, are Americans. :eek:

alberto.legstrong said:
As was mentioned over the weekend, he took the media for a ride and used them as tools to help further his fraud,... " he used them and the media know he knew he was using them. Having been burned, they will assure he gets his rightful place in history..."

I don't understand the bolded. "The media" knew they were being used. Uhh, stories got printed as fact anyway. Only later on when the fraud blows as big as a nuclear bomb do they come back around upset about the matter and Wonderboy is the one to blame.

It's an epidemic of blame-shifting. No wonder people won't buy their media any more.

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Not the americans I talk to, most can't stand armstrong now. Every country has it's fair share of screw ups but I have to say that not many national insti's like USADA would have taken the steps to bring down a national hero only on principal. And doping in cycling wasn't strictly an american problem, they just happened to have the guy that mastered it lol

Always easy taking pot shots at the greatest country on earth...haha

With that said, why did the USADA and UCI make such a huge penalty against Armstrong if they are so unbiased, and are doing this for all of the "clean riders" compared to other dopers?

CVV, Dianielson, Levi, Hincapie, JV and the list goes on and on, are just given a simple 6 month suspension (in the off season) and none of their victories or results are taken away?

Is that "fair" to the "clean' athletes? Certainly not. No way, no how.

This is why the USADA/USA Cycling and now UCI look like a bunch of bloodhounds out for one guy to make an example of, hypocritical, and biased. They got the big fish, but of course needed all of the little fish and anybody/everybody in between to land him. So, like most prosecutors with big cases, they offer deals to give lenience in return for cooperation. But it sends the wrong message to everybody.

Clean house with everybody that doped, take all of the results away. That is the "fair" thing to do IMO. Not make an example of one guy. The wrong message to all the clean riders, and guys that did dope during that period says, well, it really isn't that big of a deal, as long as we got Lance!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:

With that said, why did the USADA and UCI make such a huge penalty against Armstrong if they are so unbiased, and are doing this for all of the "clean riders" compared to other dopers?

CVV, Dianielson, Levi, Hincapie, JV and the list goes on and on, are just given a simple 6 month suspension (in the off season) and none of their victories or results are taken away?

Is that "fair" to the "clean' athletes? Certainly not. No way, no how.

This is why the USADA/USA Cycling and now UCI look like a bunch of bloodhounds out for one guy to make an example of, hypocritical, and biased. They got the big fish, but of course needed all of the little fish and anybody/everybody in between to land him. So, like most prosecutors with big cases, they offer deals to give lenience in return for cooperation. But it sends the wrong message to everybody.

Clean house with everybody that doped, take all of the results away. That is the "fair" thing to do IMO. Not make an example of one guy. The wrong message to all the clean riders, and guys that did dope during that period says, well, it really isn't that big of a deal, as long as we got Lance!

Not the message you were spreading a few years ago!

ziggy?

zigmeister said:

and on..........and on

ziggy i think those riders receiving 6 month bans lost quite a lot of results too

TRENDING THREADS