• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Unbelievable doping excuses

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
my favourite is when a biochemistry major professional cyclist in just several months after hamilton failed the same drug, says 'i never heard of it before'.

no, it's not funny to my ilk.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
There was a european amateur 4-5 years ago who got busted with syringes as part of a bigger investigation. He said he just used them for cleaning his wheels.

for me,the best has to be the "enhancing properties of Whiskey" by FLandis.....
& Vino claimed in 07 that "somehow" someone else's blood got into his blood stream when he had a crash on the first week and therefore he popped positive for homologous blood transfusion....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Gilberto Simoni: His Peruvian candies contained cocaine.

I've actually tried these, I doubt they have enough cocaine to have you test positive unless you eat several bags of these candies. By the way, you're allowed to bring them back to the US, if they were truely bad they wouldn't let you bring them back.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
ElChingon said:
I've actually tried these, I doubt they have enough cocaine to have you test positive unless you eat several bags of these candies. By the way, you're allowed to bring them back to the US, if they were truely bad they wouldn't let you bring them back.

I believe the candies are made with coca leaves which is what cocaine is derived from.

And don't drink any soda in Bolivia

Coca Colla hopes to create a buzz in Bolivia
:eek:

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
That was not a rumor. That is why it is called Coke. All cocaine was gone by the end of the 20's. In the thirty years before that the amount had decreased to miniscule levels.

not true, all coke dissapeared in the 80's :p we learned it in English class :p

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
the penis-enlargement one continues to crack me up.

FFS! You've been busted - no need to humiliate yourself further.

Gilbo's coke excuse is also good, mainly because he got off with it.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Oldman said:
Or drink all you can. Coca Cola was rumored to have an active amount of coca leaf enhancement until the 30's or 40's.

not a rumor

"But most famously, coca leaves helped to give the kick in Coca-Cola's original formula. The company dropped cocaine from its recipe more than 100 years go, but the secret formula still calls for a cocaine-free coca extract.

The Coca-Cola Company is said to import eight tons of coca leaves from South America each year, mainly from Peru. "

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Jesús Rosendo Prado has managed to come up with an excuse for doping that I have not heard before: Haemorrhoids. Not quite as good as saying that your stash of dope was for your mother-in-law or your dog but still pretty good.

We need a list of the best excuses.

The loss of blood because of haemorrhoids is not so unbelieveable as you might think. Blood loss often leads to irregular blood values.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
How about Tom Boonen's attempt to assuage our fears? 'Don't worry. I don't have a cocaine problem. It's just that sometimes I get black-out drunk and lose all control, doing crazy things.'

Bottom line: Tommeke likes to party. Party on, Tom.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
"I'm special; my mom always told me so. I'm a living, breathing, winning miracle. I'm sorry you don't believe in my transcendence. Try genuflecting when I walk in a room, you might start to get it then. By the way, believe in these two massive dopers standing next to me that I soundly beat every day of the week."

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
"Hey, blood doping paraphenalia's just been found in your hotel."

*Gulp

'Ok, denial mode, check. Conspiracy theories, check, Open chequebook, check, SSDD twitter, check.'

TRENDING THREADS