• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Unbelievable doping excuses

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
That excuse is even worse than Sara Errani's "I spilled my mum's cancer medication in my pasta"
Errai's excuse sounds like a bad, borderline xenophobic, joke about Italian athletes, I think it's pretty hard to top that one.

Re: Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Wiggo's Package said:

I seriously cannot believe they agreed with that defence.

I can't believe he didn't have a TUE....Travis Tygart gives those away like candy on Halloween...

This doesn't set a good precedent, at all. If you can cute talk your way out of it, you escape punishment?? No notable Russian XC athletes failed their tests in the last two/three Olympics yet they are collectively banned from Korea simply for guilt by association...It's disturbing. Travis Tygart, USADA and WADA should be ashamed of themselves.

Wiggo's Package said:
UKAD's external legal fees in the Tyson Fury case were £500,000+

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42965999

This is an example of how stringing his AAF case out works in Froome's favour. As time ticks by and with multiple lines of defence put forward the UCI's legal fees keep going up. And the financial pressure on the UCI to settle becomes greater

The funniest part of that story is Fury's excuse - "eating uncastrated boar" .......

Re:

TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:

This is an example of how stringing his AAF case out works in Froome's favour. As time ticks by and with multiple lines of defence put forward the UCI's legal fees keep going up. And the financial pressure on the UCI to settle becomes greater

The funniest part of that story is Fury's excuse - "eating uncastrated boar" .......

As that John Peel voiced Ad used to say: It's a bit of an animal
;)

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Re:

TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Odd distinction to make. Why would someone castrate a boar? They're not race horses or family pets!

Wiggo's Package said:
TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Odd distinction to make. Why would someone castrate a boar? They're not race horses or family pets!

And how would that affect nandrolone levels ...

One of the funnier ones I've heard.

TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:
TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:

No, srsly :)

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...30)14:12<1058::AID-RCM991>3.0.CO;2-7/abstract

TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:
TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Nandrolone is an endogenous intermediate in estradiol production from testosterone, it's the precursor to 17-beta-estradiol.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

L'arriviste said:
TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:
TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:

No, srsly :)

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...30)14:12<1058::AID-RCM991>3.0.CO;2-7/abstract

:D

So now we know where Fury got his excuse from. 5mins after being notified of the doping bust his advisors are on PubMed looking to reverse engineer an excuse (however implausible) that fits the PED

Still none the wiser about the necessity of the "uncastrated" boar distinction though...

Wiggo's Package said:
L'arriviste said:

So now we know where Fury got his excuse from. 5mins after being notified of the doping bust his advisors are on PubMed looking to reverse engineer an excuse (however implausible) that fits the PED

Still none the wiser about the necessity of the "uncastrated" boar distinction though...
Presumably uncastrated boars produce more testo? But I dont know how youd prove the boar meat you ate was from a male or female, balls or no balls.

Boars are farmed in the UK, there are very small wild populations. The farmed boar is still referred to as wild, but I’m guessing males grown for meat are castrated, which is going to affect sex hormone production, so they felt the need to make the distinction. Or they just read and repeated...

Re:

King Boonen said:
Boars are farmed in the UK, there are very small wild populations. The farmed boar is still referred to as wild, but I’m guessing males grown for meat are castrated, which is going to affect sex hormone production, so they felt the need to make the distinction. Or they just read and repeated...

If theyre farmed then it would be like pigs or cattle. Baby boys have their bits cut off unless they are going to be kept for siring. You cant have 'wild' males in the same field / pen / etc. - they fight.

Its also why you should avoid a field full of cows & a bull. They feel threatened.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:
L'arriviste said:

Presumably uncastrated boars produce more testo? But I dont know how youd prove the boar meat you ate was from a male or female, balls or no balls.

:lol:

So unless Fury keeps an uncastrated boar in his back garden which he killed and ate the night before...

...we know from the word "uncastrated" in his defence that he's just another doping BS merchant trying to con the ADA and game the system

Wiggo's Package said:
TheSpud said:
Wiggo's Package said:
L'arriviste said:

:lol:

So unless Fury keeps an uncastrated boar in his back garden which he killed and ate the night before...

...we know from the word "uncastrated" in his defence that he's just another doping BS merchant trying to con the ADA and game the system

Indeed the case fully deserves its place on this thread.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Not doping excuse, but still really funny. Few years ago members of the football national team were suspected by journalists having party at the hotel with prostitutes. On of them replied: I did not pay anything and the amount does not match :).

Arizona's Alonzo Trier, a college basketball star, tested positive for ostarine, a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) with muscle-building and fat burning properties. His explanation--no, I'm not making this up:
it was left over from a previous positive test for the same substance more than a year ago.

This is bizarre, but may have relevance to Froome's case. Trier first tested positive for ostarine at the end of 2016, and at that time he claimed his step-father gave it to him without his knowledge in a drink to help him recover from injuries suffered in an auto accident. Apparently the NCAA bought that, and reduced his suspension to the period of time it took the drug to clear his system. The drug has a half life of about one day, and Trier tested negative for it several times after that initial positive.

So how could he test positive for it again after all this time?

James Dalton, dean of the University of Michigan’s College of Pharmacy and the inventor of a patent for Ostarine, said the drug usually disappears from the system in “about a week.”

Dalton said that led him to suspect that either Trier is still using Ostarine, that there is a problem in the NCAA’s testing, or that the drug somehow lodged in a tissue or cyst and was released before Trier tested positive last month during a random drug test — a theory the UA will likely use in its appeal.

Notice the similarity of the bolded to what Froome's team was reportedly considering: the drug accumulated some place in the body, then was suddenly excreted. Only Trier's claim is even more dubious, because of the far longer period of time involved, and because he's arguing he didn't take any of the drug during the intervening period.

“Some people have different levels of enzymes to process drug molecules and things can linger longer, but even if he has deficiencies in his clearance, it wouldn’t go to zero and then come back,” [pharmacologist David] Ferguson said. “That’s highly unlikely unless there was something really odd going on.”

http://tucson.com/arizona-s-allonzo-trier-practices-as-he-awaits-results-of/article_79afc236-1c3c-11e8-9f21-8faf3671b0be.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/experts-allonzo-triers-explanation-latest-failed-drug-test-highly-unlikely-190802793.html

For college basketball fans, you could say the Wildcats are going through a tough period. Their coach has been caught up in the ongoing NCAA scandal. An FBI wiretap reportedly caught him offering a player $100,000, and that player and Trier are the two leading scorers on the team.

TRENDING THREADS