• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 438 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
On this momentous day there is also this story.
http://inrng.tumblr.com/post/29472905178/itsrainingepo
I think that was going to be Lances defense but when she came up with it first he had no choice but to accept the USADA's life ban.:p
Cyclists got nothing on runners. That is the best excuse ever. Makes Granny's cocaine-laced candies seem plausible. Imagine what BS would emerge if you could combine cyclists, runners, and swimmers into one sport...

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For British guys:

A dramatic day in cycling and tonight on 5 live Sport from 19:00 BST we will discuss the Lance Armstrong issue with Sunday Times journalist David Walsh, who has written a book on the American, Doug Ulman the CEO of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and BBC Sport's cycling expert Matt Slater.

Should be interesting that.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Actually that is pretty good. Not that long ago, if you were not a cyclist you believed in the myth.

When Nike, Trek, Oakley etc see these polls, they will not go unnoticed.

ManInFull said:
I live in his home state and I'm surprised that the "Nos" are only winning 51-49. That's better than what I thought.

OK. But what shocked me a little is that even outside the US the numbers are pretty low.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Banana Army said:
For British guys:

A dramatic day in cycling and tonight on 5 live Sport from 19:00 BST we will discuss the Lance Armstrong issue with Sunday Times journalist David Walsh, who has written a book on the American, Doug Ulman the CEO of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and BBC Sport's cycling expert Matt Slater.

Should be interesting that.
Think you should be able to listen to that even if you are outside of UK.

You can try here

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Actually that is pretty good. Not that long ago, if you were not a cyclist you believed in the myth.

When Nike, Trek, Oakley etc see these polls, they will not go unnoticed.

Nike already stated they'll stand by him. Playing the cancer survivor card:

From Nike:

"Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors," Nike said in a prepared statement Friday.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
Down to 54%

Couple of years ago, there was a Washington Post writer who also wrote some Books on/with Lance. I sent an email comment during TDF on lance and juice, she rained back an email on how lance is clean and all that and how I should not go about making such ludicrous comments, almost threatening in the lance manner. Well I guess writing a book with him, something will rub off.

So i will throw out any WP polls, i think its already baised. hey, she made Mullions in the book sales so even if she saw a video of the him juicing she will only saw the video itself was juiced!...ha-ha

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Interesting headline article in LeMonde:

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article...porte-en-parrain-du-peloton_1751181_3242.html

Thibault de Montbrial : "Armstrong ne s'est pas contenté de tricher, il s'est comporté en parrain du peloton"

"All these years the Texan wasn't just happy enough just to cheat, he acted like the godfather of the peloton, intimidating the black sheep like Christophe Bassons for example. The moral lessons were on top of the physical intimidation."

it goes against every fiber of my being to give the french credit for anything, but that's awesome.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Mug of the Year

1200073.jpg

SCA can now get their money back, no tour win -> no $5M bonus or $2.5M penalty...hopefully the settlement had some kind of clause about that. At the time it is said they settled because it was realized that there was no clause about not doping to achieve the 5 wins...but now there are no wins, so...

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
SCA can now get their money back, no tour win -> no $5M bonus or $2.5M penalty...hopefully the settlement had some kind of clause about that. At the time it is said they settled because it was realized that there was no clause about not doping to achieve the 5 wins...but now there are no wins, so...

As has been said, before. That depends on the terms of the settlement but most likely not.

Quote from frenchfry :
from leMonde :
"All these years the Texan wasn't just happy enough just to cheat, he acted like the godfather of the peloton, intimidating the black sheep like Christophe Bassons for example. The moral lessons were on top of the physical intimidation."

Total jerk. I need no other reasons to explain my disdain for him. :mad:

I sure hope SCA can go after and win.

webvan said:

who needs a clause? He's committed perjury during the deposition. That and he violated the foundation of every contract.

I think it will probably be handled swiftly and as quietly as possible because this is business and lawyers can eat up whatever claw-back they can get pretty quickly.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Quote from frenchfry :
from leMonde :

Total jerk. I need no other reasons to explain my disdain for him. :mad:

I sure hope SCA can go after and win.

This is the essence of why he is not well liked. Couldn't be any clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS