• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - Armstrong

Page 412 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
OldManThyme said:
Omerta. Renshaw quoted as riding training rides within the past few months with lance, 1-to-1. Young riders looking up to him still, some quoted a few weeks ago as of having said they think dredging all this up is just tarnishing the sport further...[G. Thomas]... so don't want the problem solved (if they think or know of one existing), they just want to get on with what they're doing by the sounds of things. But then are they doing this out of self preservation?? Some of them? Or ignormance? Or because, like JV, they think progess has already started?

from everything i've seen and read, the riders do seem to genuinely believe armstrong is not a fraud and only did what other riders were doing at the time. it will be interesting to see who, if anybody turns against him - not just from the peloton now, but his team mates from the era who gave evidence against him. will they continue to back him as the rightful winner?

Jeremiah said:

Jonestown -- Concrete Blonde

Sheep are running scared tonight
The cows are coming home
They cling together terrified
Afraid to be alone

The bees are buzzing around the queen
Waiting for a word
The ? are ? the scene?
Collectively absurd

They're looking for Jesus
They're looking for more
Just what are they looking up here to me for
They're looking for someone
They're looking for Christ
They're looking for some human sacrifice
It looks like Jonestown again
It looks like Jonestown
It looks like Jonestown

They don't know who to run to
They don't know where to go
Unless you tell them what to think
They don't know what they know

Repeating the commercial
Something they have heard
From someone not they someone else
Somebody good with words

I think they're looking for an answer
They're looking for more
Just what are they looking up here to me for
They're looking for Christ

They're looking for an answer
They're looking for more
Just what are you looking up here to me for
They're praying for Christ
It looks like Jonestown
It looks like Jonestown
It looks like Jonestown
It looks like Jonestown
Jonestown
Jonestown

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
&#197 said:
from everything i've seen and read, the riders do seem to genuinely believe armstrong is not a fraud and only did what other riders were doing at the time. it will be interesting to see who, if anybody turns against him - not just from the peloton now, but his team mates from the era who gave evidence against him. will they continue to back him as the rightful winner?

Have you been smoking a little yourself?

Please name some riders who have come out in public support of Lance Armstrong during this ordeal.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Racelap said:
@juanpelota Congrats your 4 Tour wins, Jan!

in the words of the college football analyst Lee Corso...
"not so fast my friend!"
Pretty sure he was a doper too lol. were gonna have to back to like 20th place for some of these.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
ploglet said:
You seriously think Greg Lemond wasnt doped to the gills as well? Now Lance and Greg can both talk on equal terms. Lemond was and always will be a tool.
To be fair, Greg was pre-EPO era in cycling. Unless you believe he had access to EPO or other PEDS before the rest of the peloton, it's hard to think he had an unfair advantage.

LeMond might be an ***, but he was an incredibly talented, gifted, hardworking ***.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
&#197 said:
from everything i've seen and read,
What have you seen and read - why not share it, some people need a laugh.

&#197 said:
the riders do seem to genuinely believe armstrong is not a fraud and only did what other riders were doing at the time. it will be interesting to see who, if anybody turns against him - not just from the peloton now, but his team mates from the era who gave evidence against him. will they continue to back him as the rightful winner?
Really - how many other riders paid off the UCI?

Its over. Accept it, move on.

luckyboy said:
bh0wbc.png

:D

Hey when you look at like that...it's still a record:

7 TDF.....DQs. :p

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
JeffreyPerry said:
in the words of the college football analyst Lee Corso...
"not so fast my friend!"
Pretty sure he was a doper too lol. were gonna have to back to like 20th place for some of these.

20th? Take a look at 2001 and 2002. You may as well rename "Lanterne Rouge", "maillot Jaune"

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Turner29 said:
Have you been smoking a little yourself?

Please name some riders who have come out in public support of Lance Armstrong during this ordeal.

they are still friends with him and even train with him, like renshaw. we already know the views of the greats like eddie merckx. until they actually say they don't believe he is the rightful winner, you have to presume they do. i agree it will be interesting to see what happens next. it could be very divisive for the sport where one section decides to go against him.

The statement from Lance, and the letter to Bill Bockman are completely contradictory.

Lance says 'I am too tired to fight"

His lawyers say "we arent going to arbitration - but you dont have the jurisdiction to sanction him"

Given the assertion of jurisdiction and authority by the Union Internationale Cycliste ("UCI"), and its mandate that no one associated with UCI or USA Cycling should participate in such an arbitration, which was confirmed by USA Cycling, Mr. Armstrong cannot proceed into the arbitration. For that reason and based on the reservations articulated by Judge Sparks, it would appear that the appropriate next step for USADA would be to: a) follow the governing rules and submit the information and evidence to UCI for an independent review and decision; or b) take the jurisdictional dispute (which puts Mr. Armstrong in the middle) to the appropriate forum to resolve the issue, the Court for Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

They are not accepting the bans. Not by a long shot.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
To be fair, Greg was pre-EPO era in cycling. Unless you believe he had access to EPO or other PEDS before the rest of the peloton, it's hard to think he had an unfair advantage.

LeMond might be an ***, but he was an incredibly talented, gifted, hardworking ***.

There was dope before EPO...just because he wasn't around for EPO doesn't mean he was clean.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
eleven said:

Greg did whatever everyone else did at that time. Also, since EPO was available in 1989, this does not exclude Lemond.

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
What have you seen and read - why not share it, some people need a laugh.

Really - how many other riders paid off the UCI?

Its over. Accept it, move on.

most of the evidence has been out there for years yet people in the sport have not "moved on" from their view that armstrong won those tours. everybody will look at the contest and have their own opinion. i can't see cyclings establishment moving against armstrong. can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS