• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Valverde Banned - now can someone DNA test bag 'AC' please?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
delbified said:
if contador was clean, then you may as well make doping legal as it doesn't have any performance enhancing effect.

So now that it is firmly established that he is in fact doping, when do you plan to impose sanctions on him? Will he get the standard 2 years or does his blatant flaunting of the system warrant a 4 year suspension? Retroactive to 2007? Let us know when you have made a decision.;):p:rolleyes:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Night Rider said:
In my opinion, there is no evidence of an AC blood bag. There was some writings on a piece of paper and ramblings of a win on a phone tap of another rider. That was all.

Ok, so we have written evidence....
And phone tap evidence....

How about that piece of paper in Fuentes wallet with Alberto info?

How about those pesky strands of DNA floating around in the blood bags?

When ARE they going to destroy the Blood Bag Evidence BTW?

And how come Manolo has become so quiet after raising such a threatening stink earlier this year? Lance has a lot to learn...

Polish said:
Seriously?

I would MUCH rather get Training Advice from Dr Ferrari than Dr Fuentes.

Heck, I would even choose Dr Carmichael's training advice over Dr Fuente's lol.

But then again, I do not suffer from yeast infections that often

I think the yeast in that loaf of bread between your ears has an infection. Since when is Chris Comical a Dr. of anything other than "extract of cortisone".

Polish said:
ahhh....a Training Schedule...nothing to do with PEDS....

Training Advice from a OBGYN.

Yes, humble family man Alberto needs advice from OBGYN.
Makes sense - no wonder the team was cleared

Good point. Now if only you would apply that healthy skepticism to all suspected dopers...

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
What is worse, getting training advice from a Gyno or from a Hematologist like Ferrari?

Looks like nobody's taken the time to do some research on Dr Fuentes's biography:

In 1976 he was the Spanish University champion in the race of 400m hurdles, working with a coach from the RFEA (Spanish Federation of Track and Field).
He got his Medicine degree in 1980, when Sports Medicine did not exist as an academic discipline taught at Universities.
In 1983 he got a degree in Sports Education and Coaching and then joined the Medical Group of the RFEA, where he met his future wife who was a national elite athlete. During his tenure his methods were under suspicion by some members of the RFEA governing board, but the president acted as if nothing wrong was going on, as no athlete tested positive... until 1988 (Olympic year). His wife tested positive at a national event early that season but the president of the RFEA hid the test result. This decision met strong opposition in the members of the RFEA governing board. At the time it was clear that the elections for the RFEA to be held after the Seoul Olympics would be won by a candidate who was a strong opponent to the president and Dr Fuentes methods. Dr Fuentes resigned as he knew for sure that he would be fired by the new president.
He had been in contact with some cycling teams since the mid 80's and he started working as doctor for team ONCE in 1990.

He now works as first care family physician. So he's a Gyno by academical training, but he hardly has any experience in the field ;):D

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
icefire said:
Looks like nobody's taken the time to do some research on Dr Fuentes's biography:

RR: or from a Hematologist like Ferrari?

nor it seems on Dr. Ferrari ....who graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Ferrara.

And I think the "Dr" tag added to Carmichael was meant to be ironic....oh but sorry, i have just read back and seen most of the grand wizards of the hate cult are here....I forgot....irony is not allowed...

And i have had training plans from Michele Ferrari...and they were f*cking brilliant....and weirdly he didn't even recommend me to take a recovery shake....and from Aldo Sassi (also very good and surprisinlgy similar to Ferraris)....who did.

and it is once again amusing to see how yet another thread has descended to "it's all about Lance" since the wizards decided to join it.

ok.....dragging this thread slightly back on track for a second....it seems that anyone who actually knows how to read would see that any evidential link between Contador and Puerto is mighty tenuos at the very least....hence no sanctions from any federation....but that certainly won't stop the innuendo

and just to point out....CONI do have his DNA....from his samples at the giro....which is exactly how they got Valverde.

does this mean he hasn't or doesn't dope?

I can only get two words out between trying to stop my laughing fit....f*ck ....NO!

A

Anonymous

straydog said:

nor it seems on Dr. Ferrari ....who graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Ferrara.

And I think the "Dr" tag added to Carmichael was meant to be ironic....oh but sorry, i have just read back and seen most of the grand wizards of the hate cult are here....I forgot....irony is not allowed...

And i have had training plans from Michele Ferrari...and they were f*cking brilliant....and weirdly he didn't even recommend me to take a recovery shake....and from Aldo Sassi (also very good and surprisinlgy similar to Ferraris)....who did.

and it is once again amusing to see how yet another thread has descended to "it's all about Lance" since the wizards decided to join it.

ok.....dragging this thread slightly back on track for a second....it seems that anyone who actually knows how to read would see that any evidential link between Contador and Puerto is mighty tenuos at the very least....hence no sanctions from any federation....but that certainly won't stop the innuendo

and just to point out....CONI do have his DNA....from his samples at the giro....which is exactly how they got Valverde.

I can only get two words out between trying to stop my laughing fit....f*ck ....NO!

Off the meds, huh?

A

Anonymous

straydog said:
And i have had training plans from Michele Ferrari...and they were f*cking brilliant....

<snipped for the benefit of forum members everywhere>

I'd like to see you post some of the highlights of the brilliance that is a Ferrari training plan... seeing as though he's the only trainer/doctor/coach/hematologist/magician that can get that little "something extra" from his clients.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
.... seeing as though he's the only trainer/doctor/coach/hematologist/magician that can get that little "something extra" from his clients.

wow....you really don't know how to use google do you?

And if you want to see the training plans....go ask for one....they aren't expensive

A

Anonymous

straydog said:
wow....you really don't know how to use google do you?

And if you want to see the training plans....go ask for one....they aren't expensive

After reading a few of your posts I was mildly curious as to what might constitute "f*cking brilliant" to you.

But with your response I kinda get the dealy-o. Best of luck with your intervals and finger ***.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
straydog said:

And i have had training plans from Michele Ferrari...and they were f*cking brilliant....and weirdly he didn't even recommend me to take a recovery shake....and from Aldo Sassi (also very good and surprisingly similar to Ferraris)....who did.

ok.....dragging this thread slightly back on track for a second....it seems that anyone who actually knows how to read would see that any evidential link between Contador and Puerto is mighty tenuous at the very least....hence no sanctions from any federation....but that certainly won't stop the innuendo

Ok - I will ignore the part that Dr. Ferrari after years spent studying "medicine & surgery" turned down the lucrative and obvious next step and decided his expertise would be better served to inform you not to take a recovery shake. (I could have told you that for the bargain price of $299.99**)

Yes, totally agree - the 'evidence' against AC is "mighty tenuous".
I really doubt there will be anything more from Operation Puerto - CONI who are the only ones pursuing the matter (UCI, no - Spanish authorities, tied up) have more 'evidence' against Frank Schleck with his payment than initials with AC found on Fuentes and his name on LS training logs.

So, no (IMO) CONI will not get AC through Puerto.
But, the NAS have the samples from the Giro 08, the samples the UCI refused to test for CERA even though a test became available only months later - this investigation is ongoing, and if I were an AC supporter I would be far more worried about this than Puerto.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, for my ignorance, but where is the evidence for any blood bag labelled "AC"? As far as I know (if I remember correctly), AC was only mentioned in a few documents that showed planed use of banned drugs for all team members of Liberty Seguros, and for some reason, AC or the documents that were showing initials "AC" miraculously disappeared...

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Once again, what appeared in the Fuentes file is just "AC", not Contador's name.
Was it really Contador? Perhaps. But unlike Lance, Conty has never failed a doping test.

Of course, the "never failed a doping test" standard is the red herring we all know it to be.

My understanding is that the initials A.C. appeared in two documents recovered by the Guardia Civil. Both documents were lists of the cyclists on the Liberty team, and it's not clear to me whether they stated explicitly `Alberto Contador' or whether it was merely inferred - but in either case it seems clear that the he was the person indicated - since at the time there was no other Liberty cyclist with those initials. What the Spanish legal authorities officially declared is something to the effect that A.C. (and the initials of several others) appears on documents that do not refer in any obvious way to doping (rather to training), and since there was no other evidence linking Contador to Fuentes, he (and the others) were exculpated. It is perhaps worth remarking that many of the cyclists implicated were actually filmed entering Fuentes offices, or recorded talking to him on the phone, and that this sort of direct evidence appears to be lacking in Contador's case.

None of this is to say that I think Contador is/was completely clean. Maybe this year he was cleaner.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
So, no (IMO) CONI will not get AC through Puerto.
But, the NAS have the samples from the Giro 08, the samples the UCI refused to test for CERA even though a test became available only months later - this investigation is ongoing, and if I were an AC supporter I would be far more worried about this than Puerto.

Why the CERA thing? I doubt any of Bruyneel's riders have touched any form of EPO in at 5 years, maybe longer. Transfusions are effective and easier to hide, only the f$%#ing retards used CERA, anyone with a brain saw that trap coming a mile away.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
What a confussion in the thread...Like many others have pointed out:

1-Contador is in the Puerto files, in a list of cyclists of Manolo Sainz's team, not related with PEDs at all. Obviously Contador was a cyclist in that team, no big deal.

2-In the tapes they talk about Contador incidentally, while commenting racing results.

That is it. There was never any bag with the initials AC (unlike with Valverde and so many others). The document is the original released by the Guardia Civil before the OP turned to be mediatic. Guardia Civil is a highly professional police force who gives a s***it about minor things like cycling stars.

Contador was a no one in that time, authorities would not have doubt on chasing him down if they would have had something. I insist, in that time.

I don't imply at all that Contador is not a doper, probably he and a bunch of other top cyclists are dopers. BUT mixing things is really just distracting and pointless.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
khardung la said:
What a confussion in the thread...Like many others have pointed out:

1-Contador is in the Puerto files, in a list of cyclists of Manolo Sainz's team, not related with PEDs at all. Obviously Contador was a cyclist in that team, no big deal.

2-In the tapes they talk about Contador incidentally, while commenting racing results.

That is it. There was never any bag with the initials AC (unlike with Valverde and so many others). The document is the original released by the Guardia Civil before the OP turned to be mediatic. Guardia Civil is a highly professional police force who gives a s***it about minor things like cycling stars.

Contador was a no one in that time, authorities would not have doubt on chasing him down if they would have had something. I insist, in that time.

I don't imply at all that Contador is not a doper, probably he and a bunch of other top cyclists are dopers. BUT mixing things is really just distracting and pointless.

all of which I think puts a neat little full stop on this fairly pointless thread....If there ever was a bag marked "AC"....upon closer inspection I think they might find it contains no blood at all....merely a litre of apple and cranberry that someone had popped in the freezer by mistake....Fuentes was a gyno after all:D

Thank you and good night!