• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Van Avermaet going down?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

poor Greg, but i think he will dodge this, poor evidence , easy to defend. belgium federation probably has a dude that wants to be a hero like Travis.

sniper said:
tough for Van Avermaet.
pays big bucks to gear up on AICAR, EPO and god knows what else.
manages to mask it succesfully.
gets busted for Diprophos.
sees guys like Froome skate with fasttracked TUEs for similar products.

this is what i was saying in a previous thread, every post twisted to link to personal agenda. nothing added to the discussion.

pays big bucks to gear up on AICAR, EPO and god knows what else. - know how ? dreaming
manages to mask it succesfully. - know how?
sees guys like Froome - finally comes to the desired twist

when you and the sceptic will be perma banned this forum quality will improve 10x

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Aren't the Flemmish riders part of the whole Anglo-German axis that is geared up to keep their riders safe and make sure the Southern Euros/Colombians/Eastern Euros get busted? Or are they not part of the gang? #confused

Re: Re:

SkyTears said:
poor Greg, but i think he will dodge this, poor evidence , easy to defend. belgium federation probably has a dude that wants to be a hero like Travis.

Just to end the misinformation. In this case, his federation is the only one with the authority to open the sanction. The National Anti-doping Organization merely acts at the direction of the federation. Armstrong's situation was different and extraordinary.

Again, I'm mystified why they are going full-force after GvA on this one. The federation might send it over to the UCI so it can get properly lost in an "investigation." It would be the right way to handle it. It looks onerous at first, then they let people forget about it and slap him on the wrist.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
@Hrotha, it's amazing isn't it? The guy breaks the rules and there's something shady with a TUE... and people are saying this is alll unfair? Even more astounding... someone who rightly investigates and prosecutes is being labeled as a wanna-be Travis?

Greg knew the rules. The appologists here also know the rules.

Franklin said:
@Hrotha, it's amazing isn't it? The guy breaks the rules and there's something shady with a TUE... and people are saying this is alll unfair? Even more astounding... someone who rightly investigates and prosecutes is being labeled as a wanna-be Travis?

Where's the proof? :eek:

Franklin said:

He said he used cortisone once in 2012 (prescribed) to treat that heel of his because he was suffering a lot from it and could even barely walk. Now compare with all the guys using the same stuff throughout the year, for far shadier reasons.

hrotha said:
Flamin said:
Well that's what the investigation is for, isn't it? If there really is no proof, he'll walk, and that's fine.

But some people here are acting as if he should walk even if he broke the rules.

That's the point.. there is no proof :) it's an incredibly weak case. A well known Belgian sports journalist says that he knows the prosecutor a little bit and that he thinks the prosecutor expects to get nothing but sees this as a kind of 'warning' for all athletes in general.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Nice guy, always enlivens any race he's in = clean? Very funny.
But baby food, what a joke, this is like Al Capone getting done for tax evasion.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Flamin said:
That's the point.. there is no proof :) it's an incredibly weak case. A well known Belgian sports journalist says that he knows the prosecutor a little bit and that he thinks the prosecutor expects to get nothing but sees this as a kind of 'warning' for all athletes in general.
No, the point you are blatantly missing is that the mentioned acts indeed are against the rules.

Now you might be right and the case will not stand, but you and the others are not so much ridiculing the evidence(which is impossible considering you have zero inside knowledge), but the proposed sanctions.

Franklin said:
Flamin said:
No, the point you are blatantly missing is that the mentioned acts indeed are against the rules.

Now you might be right and the case will not stand, but you and the others are not so much ridiculing the evidence(which is impossible considering you have zero inside knowledge), but the proposed sanctions.

Lol, and you do have inside knowledge that he DID break the rules? :eek:

I made 2 posts here in which I said nothing about sanctions, but whatever.

Anyway, don't bother, I'm out again of this pathetic place :p

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Flamin said:

This place exists due to the riders (and all the enablers) in the sport and their all too willingness to embrace the culture of doping, yet you choose to call this place 'pathetic'? Wowsers!

Flamin said:
hrotha said:
Flamin said:
Well that's what the investigation is for, isn't it? If there really is no proof, he'll walk, and that's fine.

But some people here are acting as if he should walk even if he broke the rules.

To be clear, this is arbitration using the federation's rules, which should be WADA compliant, but *do* vary.

So, the "proof" can be quite thin and still have a solid sanction that can be tested in CAS. Given the depth and complexity of UCI rules, he's guilty of something. To be clear, so would 98% of the WT peloton.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Flamin said:
I certainly did not claim that. I claimed that the accusation is about naughty things.

You rant about the accusations and accompanying sanctions. Indeed, the prosecutor is the bad guy, which is odd considering he's just following the rules.

Simply because someone is not ranting about the prosecutor?

All I stress is that with the knowledge we have the sanctions match the accusations.

You are getting upset about is thinking that somewhere I say that the accusations is the same as proof of guilt.

TRENDING THREADS