• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Van Avermaet going down?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Buuummmmmpppp!!!

That was ridiculous.
Making the break on a tough climb after 200k
Leading the chase of Nibs/Heano/Majka up the last climb
Attacking and bridging to Majka
Smashing the sprint

ALL of GVA's luggage made it to Rio on time.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I was happy to see Greg win....don't be such haters...lol

Yes because Fuglsang and Majka aren't as suspicious....cause they can climb....

Greg is a one day racer people....also people crashed out - the olympic road race is as a big a crapshoot as the Worlds road race...

I am not saying no dope..but...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Gung Ho Gun said:
At least Valverde has been doing the eternal peak since his second year as a pro
He didn't discover it after years of stagnation and consistently not being good enough in big races

Valverde has also been using doping since his first year as a pro (most likely even before that)...

And in case you missed it: Nibali, Henao, Geraint Thomas and Alaphilippe crashed out. He wouldn't have been on the podium otherwise.

As for his peaking being so ridiculous... He only rode one GT this year, the Tour, and he had plenty of days in the gruppeto, unlike Valverde, who rode the Ardennes classics, the Giro and Tour, conserving little to no energy...

It's suspicious eternal peaks since it's what all pro epo riders did. :rolleyes:
At least Museeuw was only peaking for April, that's why he was clean.

ou evidently dont know how a 240km classic is raced, least of all with 5-man teams. It's obvious that pure climbing skills are not suicient on such races. Climbers were already exhausted before the first ascent of the Vista. Besides, Greg did not lead up the chase on the last climb, and did not attack behind Majka. Fuglsang did.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
I thought I´d find a GVA thread among the DB, Sutton, Wiggo, Froome, Sky, Peters, Thomas, Bots, Cookson, Porte etc threads but I couldnt find it
looks like the clinic is not following the racing when Sky is not on the front? ;)
so I bumped this
:p

Pastro for a non-Sky fan you sure get your knickers in a twist when a non-Sky thread isn't the first thread.

But GVA is one of the lucky ones in the peloton, guy should've be banned a long time ago.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
pastronef said:
I thought I´d find a GVA thread among the DB, Sutton, Wiggo, Froome, Sky, Peters, Thomas, Bots, Cookson, Porte etc threads but I couldnt find it
looks like the clinic is not following the racing when Sky is not on the front? ;)
so I bumped this

Pastro for a non-Sky fan you sure get your knickers in a twist when a non-Sky thread isn't the first thread.

But GVA is one of the lucky ones in the peloton, guy should've be banned a long time ago.

Exactamundo who is defending GVA?

Plenty dont get flagged in here as their doping is obvious.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
pastronef said:
so I bumped this

Yeah GVA is ridiculously strong.......Sky are way behind, do you think they've stopped the doping programme because of the ongoing investigation?

Dan2016 said:
pastronef said:
so I bumped this

Yeah GVA is ridiculously strong.......Sky are way behind, do you think they've stopped the doping programme because of the ongoing investigation?

Yes, this was evident in MSR... :rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Dan2016 said:
pastronef said:
so I bumped this

Yes, this was evident in MSR... :rolleyes:

Haha! How easily the discussion is turned to Sky!

My post was parody, or was it satire...

(Should've added a smiley or something. Isn't there a slang 'law' for this...misunderstood unless you spell it out?)

Re:

BYOP88 said:
Super strong ride today. If he didn't crash he'd have won that.
Yes, he was super strong but so was GVA. It was a tossup between the two because I believe with Sagan's help that group he was in would have caught Gilbert in the last 5k.

GVA was every bit as strong as Sagan today.

Edit: Sorry, I've been in so many threads I didn't realize that I was in the GVA thread but thought I was in Sagan's.

Yes, GVA was super strong today. :D

Gotta wonder about GVA's return to form since the Canadian races. Then, even more recently, he was the one to close the gap to MVP, the dominant rider from the filthy sport of CX.

Now, in theory, they could both be clean, and just better than the (doped...) opposition, but why is GVA suddenly in better shape than he has been in ages?

TRENDING THREADS