• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vancansoleil in the Pro Tour or dead meat ?

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mellow Velo said:
Well, I think the two of you are dreaming.

Vacansoleil made a risky signing, but from what has so far appeared in the press, it sounds like he went off the reservation.

Yes, he is a singular bad apple in a team that managed to reform Leukemans, Ligthart and Mosquera (pending).

He is also the first rider ever to keep his blood in a fridge.

Mellow Velo said:
Well, I think the two of you are dreaming.

Vacansoleil made a risky signing, but from what has so far appeared in the press, it sounds like he went off the reservation.

just wait for the vacansoleil sponsor's reaction.they choosed the wrong professional sport.

anyway this team was too good to be true and ride the big races.ricco,mosquera,hoogie,leukemans,devolder.the whole thing is going down:(

Ricco was on the home brew.
Mosquera was in a different team.
Leukemans gave a great impression of being reformed, when
behind Cancellara at Paris-Roubaix.

Vacansoleil buying these two guys is a product of this daft UCI PT system.
If ever a scheme encourage doping, it's Pat's get rich quick scheme.

El Pistolero said:
Dead meat.
I thought that was Contador's plat du jour.

Mellow Velo said:

Well, in Vacans' defense, they've been searching high and low for a GC rider that wanted to sign for them. And they ended up with these two, at the bottom of the barrel. They weren't necessarily looking for pieces of scum.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:

I thought that was Contador's plat du jour.

Everyone eats dead meat. So your joke kinda failed :p

And I'm still a Contador fan, I don't really mind he tested positive :p

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Yes, he is a singular bad apple in a team that managed to reform Leukemans, Ligthart and Mosquera (pending).

He is also the first rider ever to keep his blood in a fridge.

Reform Mosquara, please tell how? How on earth have they reformed someone who may be banned for an offence committed before he joined them?

The fact is these low grade teams take risks on low grade riders to try and increase their recognition in a low grade sport. Cycling will never be reformed or receive fair coverage in the general sports press until teams start acting ethically.

But then again the UCI cant, so why should the teams? The good is always the victim of the bad in cases like these.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I feel sorry for Vacansoleil too. Possible Mosquera getting banned aswell, Ricco basically shooting himself in the foot.. Vacansoleil took the gamble and lost unfortunatly for them.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Tour will be boring and stupid.

No Contador, no Joaquim Rodriguez, no Menchov, no Carlos Sastre, no Mauricio Soler, no Valverde, no Ricco.

Pfft. Tour organizers are a bunch of idiots. Who cares about their domestic teams of french losers.

Now I'm still wondering what will prevent Boonen and Gilbert from entering the Tour. Coke positive? Injury? Not allowed to ride all of a sudden? Who knows.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Great riders do not make great races.
Great races make great riders.

The Tour de France will not miss any of those guys, trust me.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Great riders do not make great races.
Great races make great riders.

The Tour de France will not miss any of those guys, trust me.

Cyclists make the races, not the other way around.

The Tour will miss all of these guys, trust me. Except Ricco, that guy is just stupid.

Seriously Samuel Sanchez is Andy's biggest threat now for the Tour. What a complete and utter joke! And if Sammy for a reason can't enter the Tour it will be Jurgen VDB. I'll be laughing my *** off then.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Cyclists make the races, not the other way around.

That's not what he meant (I think).

Races do make the riders. Menchov winning Austria while the TDF is going on isn't going to do anything for the Tour of Austria.

While some unknown rider (to the general public) who has a great TDF could make an entire career out of it. The TDF makes it's own heroes is what Hitch is trying to say.

We'll miss those guys in July, the TDF won't.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
There's still Hoogerland. The Tour could use someone like him to liven up things a bit.

They were planning on going there with an attacking team anyway. Ricco wouldn't have 8 helpers or something like that.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Mauricio Soler

Soler is actually going to Le Tour and skipping Il Giro...

luckyboy said:
Yeah we're not going to miss nasty old Ricco, but we're gonna miss all the other good little dopers who can't go along.

I'm going to miss him... He's such and idiot and everything but I dont care =D

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Yeah we're not going to miss nasty old Ricco, but we're gonna miss all the other good little dopers who can't go along.

He's stupid because he gets caught so easily, not because he dopes.

And if you get caught with something serious and then get caught right away again after your ban ended then yes you won't be missed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts