• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Victor Conte interview

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Some of you might have missed this.

Conte Interview

A long interview - a lot of interesting stuff and as per usual the most revealing stuff is buried in the discussion.

Interesting discussion about HGH usage and basically what a joke the 3 missed test rule is. Also how easy the TUE system is to abuse.

Lots of discussion about testosterone use and the mix of drugs that people are on along.

Rogan for his faults makes for a much better interviewer than most (although he does repeat some of the Armstrong myths) and is willing to challenge Conte.

It is a long interview but worth watching (I watched it in several chunks).

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
joe rogan. hgh and testo and roids. just like dana white. dont get that head, and that 5 oclock shadow at 6am just after you shave

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Some of you might have missed this.

Conte Interview

A long interview - a lot of interesting stuff and as per usual the most revealing stuff is buried in the discussion.

Interesting discussion about HGH usage and basically what a joke the 3 missed test rule is. Also how easy the TUE system is to abuse.

Lots of discussion about testosterone use and the mix of drugs that people are on along.

Rogan for his faults makes for a much better interviewer than most (although he does repeat some of the Armstrong myths) and is willing to challenge Conte.

It is a long interview but worth watching (I watched it in several chunks).

But but but cycling is cleanER now, uncle JV and special friend Dave B said so...:rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
joe rogan. hgh and testo and roids. just like dana white. dont get that head, and that 5 oclock shadow at 6am just after you shave

Rogan has admitted to it in the past (to be fair he's not a pro athlete) but its weird to hear him talking here like its all news to him.

My favourite part was where they start talking about Dave Asprey "dude your on top of 5hit because your on speed".

The stuff Conte says about absorbing water through the skin like a sponge with a bath after cutting weight is BS, the epidermis is a semi-permeable membrane it might absorb magnesium but it will absorb negligible water and certainly not like a sponge.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Rogan has admitted to it in the past (to be fair he's not a pro athlete) but its weird to hear him talking here like its all news to him.

My favourite part was where they start talking about Dave Asprey "dude your on top of 5hit because your on speed".

The stuff Conte says about absorbing water through the skin like a sponge with a bath after cutting weight is BS, the epidermis is a semi-permeable membrane it might absorb magnesium but it will absorb negligible water and certainly not like a sponge.
who is the canadian MMA commentator. you can tell from his head he does the hgh at a minimum.

he was interviewing a german MMA fighter, called something like the Polish experiment, who was obviously on a load of stuff and saying how bad the MMA was but denying it himself. he may have actually been polish, not german.

then rogan himself was interviewing BJ Penn "my head is just naturally like a watermelon" and saying how BJ is anti PEDS risible lolcats and copters.

then there is the French Canadian fighter, wow, obvious head growth factors there. st pierre or something.

i have sat next to an Australian Rules footballer, who was obviously on hgh, but when i sat next to him, he just looked lean, and no signture tell. but see the person in media, or pics or video, you have an anamorphic perspective, and it shows the features in totality. the browline, and jaw. forehead and browline obvious tells.

blackcat said:
who is the canadian MMA commentator. you can tell from his head he does the hgh at a minimum.

he was interviewing a german MMA fighter, called something like the Polish experiment, who was obviously on a load of stuff and saying how bad the MMA was but denying it himself. he may have actually been polish, not german.

then rogan himself was interviewing BJ Penn "my head is just naturally like a watermelon" and saying how BJ is anti PEDS risible lolcats and copters.

then there is the French Canadian fighter, wow, obvious head growth factors there. st pierre or something.

i have sat next to an Australian Rules footballer, who was obviously on hgh, but when i sat next to him, he just looked lean, and no signture tell. but see the person in media, or pics or video, you have an anamorphic perspective, and it shows the features in totality. the browline, and jaw. forehead and browline obvious tells.

The Society of the Spectacle? I'm confused.

Benotti69 said:
But but but cycling is cleanER now, uncle JV and special friend Dave B said so...:rolleyes:
They are not the only ones saying that, my friend:

" the sport is cleaner now than any other time in the past"
so wrote the universally respected anti-doping investigative
journalist Mr. Paul Kimmage in July 2012. Does anyone dare
mock this man, who has made this subject his life's work?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
still relative.

i dare say, you dont get an invite to the pointy end of the peloton if you are not charging

the intensity may have backed off, a little. but doping is still doping.

might be more pack fodder on bread and water

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the delgados said:
The Society of the Spectacle? I'm confused.
joe rogan is an mma commentator. mma and boxing is right there with weightlifting and american football as sports you are not allowed to compete in if you are not doping. the anti-wada sports

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I just don't see why the UFC don't give the out of competition testing to VADA where Margaret Goodman(you may remember seeing her being the doctor overseeing many world title fights in boxing in the MMA in the past) does good work. Roy Nelson is a big proponent of this and has used them in the past for his fights.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Rogan has affinity for the mind-altering, but also the skull-altering it seems. Maybe we just call it head-altering mental/physical false dichotomy.
ok. with you now.

yeah, he is into taking the mind altering stuff too. but he is a cool guy, I will give him a pass.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:

I don't know about the commentator you mention other than Rogan, the polish experiment Krystof Sozynski used to be a bodybuilder so you know .....

BJ Penn has a weird head but I think he's clean the guy looks like he's never lifted in his life let alone used test and HGH.

George St. Pierre is really the Lance of MMA, for sure on the most sophisticated programme, there are HGH belly pics of him on the Internet where he looks absurd, six pack beer belly.

Thanks for the Link.
Not much of a shock TBH- just reaffirms the kind of joke that all American sports are as far as dope testing & the lengths that the government & corporations interests are in place in maintaining it in that fashion...

the best quote to me was "EPO makes you a machine"- just the confirmation of why all athletes-specially in Cycling- are still using it-even on micro dosing quantities....

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
I just don't see why the UFC don't give the out of competition testing to VADA where Margaret Goodman(you may remember seeing her being the doctor overseeing many world title fights in boxing in the MMA in the past) does good work. Roy Nelson is a big proponent of this and has used them in the past for his fights.

Victor Conte tweeted yesterday that Rosi Sexton is the first MMA fighter to use them which doesn't seem to make sense as I'm sure BJ Penn has used them in the past.

Especially considering they offered to test for free .... The CIR test would wipe out half the roster most MMA fighters are too dumb to circumvent it.

It would hurt business in the short term which I think is what they are worried about, their two biggest PPV generators in history George St. Pierre and Brock Lesnar are like poster boys for androgens.

They could have had a wake up call when Lesnar almost died from diverticulitis but they chose to ignore it and things have actually got worse since then with TUE for testosterone.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
oldcrank said:
They are not the only ones saying that, my friend:

" the sport is cleaner now than any other time in the past"
so wrote the universally respected anti-doping investigative
journalist Mr. Paul Kimmage in July 2012. Does anyone dare
mock this man, who has made this subject his life's work?

It shows how dirty it was then because while it may be cleanER, it is far from clean.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Victor Conte tweeted yesterday that Rosi Sexton is the first MMA fighter to use them which doesn't seem to make sense as I'm sure BJ Penn has used them in the past.

Especially considering they offered to test for free .... The CIR test would wipe out half the roster most MMA fighters are too dumb to circumvent it.

It would hurt business in the short term which I think is what they are worried about, their two biggest PPV generators in history George St. Pierre and Brock Lesnar are like poster boys for androgens.

They could have had a wake up call when Lesnar almost died from diverticulitis but they chose to ignore it and things have actually got worse since then with TUE for testosterone.

I seen that yesterday as I follow the VADA twitteraccount myself(well worth a follow) and Conte retweeted it from there. You are right about Penn and he was advocating it's use for the Rory MacDonald fight which was agreed to. I would have thought Roy Nelson as well like I said earlier. VADA are saying she is the first MMA fighter to go under stringent testing and I wonder in the other situations was the out of competition testing of a lighter level. Just embarrassing how a successful organisation like the UFC with all it's finances don't allow VADA to get involved and what's worse is when Margaret Goodman in VADA has spoken about no testing for EPO or HGH and offered her services to the UFC.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/08/paying-the-price-for-drug-free-mma

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
I seen that yesterday as I follow the VADA twitteraccount myself(well worth a follow) and Conte retweeted it from there. You are right about Penn and he was advocating it's use for the Rory MacDonald fight which was agreed to. I would have thought Roy Nelson as well like I said earlier. VADA are saying she is the first MMA fighter to go under stringent testing and I wonder in the other situations was the out of competition testing of a lighter level. Just embarrassing how a successful organisation like the UFC with all it's finances don't allow VADA to get involved and what's worse is when Margaret Goodman in VADA has spoken about no testing for EPO or HGH and offered her services to the UFC.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/08/paying-the-price-for-drug-free-mma

Nelson wanted to use VADA for his fight against Carwin but Carwin refused and accused VADA of defamation over some article on their website. He also asked Matt Mitrione after he replaced Carwin but he refused as well.

Wonder why Carwin refused http://blog.al.com/live/2010/08/pharmacist_in_mobile_ala_stero.html

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it's fair to say that Dana White wants a scandal free sport. Only the other day he once again said the UFC and MMA will become the biggest sport in the world. Deluded as that is, he is talking up the promotion of the sport and organisation so he then has a conflict of interests regarding the PED use of it's fighters. We see McQuaid getting it in the neck but Dana White's attitude to doping is no better and in some instances probably worse. How an earth he can say the sport is the most regulated in the world when there isn't a sufficient out of competition system and no testing for EPO and HGH is beyond me. And yet we never see the MMA media call him out on it and if anything he is held up esteem and giving a free pass on all this due to the way he has built up and promoted it over the years.