• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
shades1 said:
cant see this guy troubling froome in any way whatsoever , TDF 2012 froome pulled him in like a fish when he had to drag wiggins all over france . i think nibali fans are in for a lot of disappointment when these two race against each other .
Depends on the technical downhills and weather. I surely wasn't disappointed last time they met :D
 
shades1 said:
cant see this guy troubling froome in any way whatsoever , TDF 2012 froome pulled him in like a fish when he had to drag wiggins all over france . i think nibali fans are in for a lot of disappointment when these two race against each other .
They raced against each other about 4 months ago.

 
May 5, 2011
5,806
0
0
shades1 said:
cant see this guy troubling froome in any way whatsoever , TDF 2012 froome pulled him in like a fish when he had to drag wiggins all over france . i think nibali fans are in for a lot of disappointment when these two race against each other .
Ye of little faith
 
May 19, 2011
3,410
1
0
Rollthedice said:
Nibali is the only one who beat Froome this year. Depending on the parcours I'm sure he can win against him a GT.
It will be tough battle for Nibali next year for sure, parcours certainly won't favour him, don't forget it starts in Britain!:D
 
Aug 16, 2011
9,595
0
0
Why of course. He did a good leadout for Ponzi today, form is on the rise.

Speaking of Nibali, while the forum was down Vino went and got him Westra and Pellizotti. And they are also interested in Landa, Nieve, and maybe Basso. His support for next year is looking good. Westra will be a great signing especially if there is a TTT in the Tour.
 
Also Martinelli seemed confident of signing Quintana, even after Quintana's agent said he would stay at Movistar.

Even without Westra, Astanan would have had a good TTT squad- if they included Kessiakoff, Grivko/ Dyachenko, Brajkovic, Fuglsang, Nibali and Kangert.
 
Netserk said:
I still hope he will ride the Giro/Vuelta again next year :eek:
No, time for someone to take Froome down. Right now Nibs seems the only hope! If there are favorable parcours, meaning technical downhill finishes and low amount of flat TT Nibs could be the man to do it.

But for now another Vuelta is fine and at least a podium at Worlds would be cool :)
 
May 19, 2011
3,410
1
0
greenedge said:
Also Martinelli seemed confident of signing Quintana, even after Quintana's agent said he would stay at Movistar.

Even without Westra, Astanan would have had a good TTT squad- if they included Kessiakoff, Grivko/ Dyachenko, Brajkovic, Fuglsang, Nibali and Kangert.
signing Quintana is not a good news for Nibali, on the other hand, not signing Quintana means Martinelli or Vino will spend the money elsewhere to buy more strong domestiques for Nibali next year. And it looks like the latter is the current situation.
 
Apr 4, 2010
1,979
0
0
saneguy said:
On current form Nibs is the only guy who can beat Froome hands-down. Would love a show down between these guys next year!
Geez. Come on man. He won the Giro which was a second tier contest. Nibali seems to have improved, but he hasn't shown anything against Froome yet. "hands-down"?! Get real.
 
He still has a couple weeks to tune his form for the Vuelta and we all know that his real main goal are the worlds so i think its normal for him to be a bit behind form wise when compared to guys that are only targeting the Vuelta.
 
May 19, 2011
3,410
1
0
Parrulo said:
He still has a couple weeks to tune his form for the Vuelta and we all know that his real main goal are the worlds so i think its normal for him to be a bit behind form wise when compared to guys that are only targeting the Vuelta.
“I’m comforted by what Joaquim Rodriguez did at the Tour, where he didn’t start very brightly but then got better as it went on. In three weeks, there’s time to improve,” Martinelli said. “Indeed, this delay might be good for the Worlds. But I don’t want to think about that for now. We’re going to Spain to win.”
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts