Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Carols said:
Indeed. The poster may have said Giro-Vuelta, but in the article Nibs says Giro-Tour :)
Ain't never gonna happen. I rate Froome and Quintana higher than Nibali, well we still need to see how the nibali of the giro weighs up against them but even then doing that double for him is nearly impossible.

I hope he can do it though but gotta be a bit realistic.

I hope he crushes all these 'riders' in the vuelta. Nibali don't give a **** about 2nd or 3th place, that's how it should be, learn from it purito and piti.
 
cineteq said:
Aha I think he's going for it! :D

Nibali believes Giro-Vuelta double would be huge and make history!
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=65093
This article :)

Unless it's a bad translation:
Nibali confident in his chances because he knows that come into the story. "If I could get the Giro-Tour double would do something big, historical. Only outside of class have done. " Does the combination is possible? "Tour and Vuelta not know. Among Giro and Tour, however, there is more time to recover. " The French round will be his main goal in 2014, but does not forget the Italian round. "It can be done. But two careers that require the highest level, and it is difficult. "
 
Carols said:
This article :)

Unless it's a bad translation:
Nibali confident in his chances because he knows that come into the story. "If I could get the Giro-Tour double would do something big, historical. Only outside of class have done. " Does the combination is possible? "Tour and Vuelta not know. Among Giro and Tour, however, there is more time to recover. " The French round will be his main goal in 2014, but does not forget the Italian round. "It can be done. But two careers that require the highest level, and it is difficult. "
Ha ha, sorry :eek:, please read the original title (not translated). Vuelta can be translated as Tour in English. :)
 
Carols said:
This article :)

Unless it's a bad translation:
Nibali confident in his chances because he knows that come into the story. "If I could get the Giro-Tour double would do something big, historical. Only outside of class have done. " Does the combination is possible? "Tour and Vuelta not know. Among Giro and Tour, however, there is more time to recover. " The French round will be his main goal in 2014, but does not forget the Italian round. "It can be done. But two careers that require the highest level, and it is difficult. "
Never. Use. Translators.

:p
 
I think it best if Nibali skips the Giro next year, because he vs. Froome could be a battle of epic proportions in France. For me Quintana is still a couple of years away from being able to win the Tour. It is he who would be better to look at the Giro next season, though I'm sure he won't.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Netserk said:
I really hope he rides the Giro next year. Best GT deserves the best GT rider.
That's your opinion. IMO Nibali should start in the GT with best field, not the Giro. Next year should be his best year or one of his best(will turn 30), which he shouldn't waste beating some 2nd tier GT riders and fading stars.
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
Carols said:
To long to hold it, he has to give it away!!!

Nice to see him in Red so early though :)
I am not so sure. Sprint team will chase everything down. Plus this is from JB's interview from yesterday.

“I will wear this jersey tomorrow, but I will pass it to [Nibali] tomorrow. And we hope it will stay like that for the rest of the race,” Brajkovic said. “I am here to work for Nibali. We are all here to support him.”

It is plausible ASTANA will defend the red SKY/Froom style.:eek:
 
maxmartin said:
I am not so sure. Sprint team will chase everything down. Plus this is from JB's interview from yesterday.

“I will wear this jersey tomorrow, but I will pass it to [Nibali] tomorrow. And we hope it will stay like that for the rest of the race,” Brajkovic said. “I am here to work for Nibali. We are all here to support him.”

It is plausible ASTANA will defend the red SKY/Froom style.:eek:
Nibs aint going to carry the Red jersey all the way to Madrid- I bet is even gonna be passed on to whoever makes the breakaway tomorrow or in the coming days-even as late as stage 7 before the real mountain test the next day
 

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
232
0
0
So far, Nibali looks like he's ready for the overall battle.
If he manages to do it (or at least podium in Spain) and have good Worlds afterwards (which is expected), I'd be encouraged that we can witness a little more exciting Tours in the future.
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Netserk said:
I really hope he rides the Giro next year. Best GT deserves the best GT rider.
DAFUQ, best GT rider, he is not even 2nd. C.F, NQ, then i will put Basso(you will see this Vuelta Basso is back these 2 former riders will be an epic battle. But Nibali should do the Giro/Tour, atleast then he as an excuse because he aint winning the Tour.
 
TANK91 said:
DAFUQ, best GT rider, he is not even 2nd. C.F, NQ, then i will put Basso(you will see this Vuelta Basso is back these 2 former riders will be an epic battle. But Nibali should do the Giro/Tour, atleast then he as an excuse because he aint winning the Tour.
Nibali is the best atm. If we look at palmares it's Contador. Strength this year = Nibbles
 
May 12, 2013
185
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Nibali is the best atm. If we look at palmares it's Contador. Strength this year = Nibbles
Froome was really much impressive than Nibbles this year.I doubt that Nibali can do what Froome did on Ax 3 or Ventoux.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS