• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 218 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
the_cutter said:
Join the dark side, Afrank. You must cement the legacy of your imperial will. Look at The Frenchies. They don't celebrate any of their peaceful monarchs, no, they celebrate the day that kickstarted events that ended up in the Reign of Terror. Lets face it, the only legendary admins are those with at least one period with a reign of terror. We WILL conquer all of the threads here, all of them will talk about Nibbles (basically accomplished in the Contador/Quintana threads already), every poll will have a Nibbles option and even all the smileys will be made of Nibali jpegs. Give the order, do it! Do it! NOW!

:D

I might be in a bit of a jovial mood as you can see, can't think of the reason why!

Operation sharknado commence...:cool:

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Complimenti Vincenzo Nibali su di te 2014 Tour de France Vittoria! Rode come un campione tutta la gara! :)

Congratulations Vincenzo Nibali on you 2014 Tour de France Victory! Rode like a champion the entire race! :)

He he he, top post on next page, cool. :D

So with this win he joins Merckx, Anquetil, Gimondi, Hinault, and Contador as one of the riders to have won all 3 GT's.

Time to make this a sticky post at the head of every page in this thread :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems that everyone is doing wheelies now a days...including the maillot jaune! :D
BtkyAHnIIAAzFJq.png

Rollthedice said:
It's over. Vincenzo Nibali won Tour de France 2014. Such a stark contrast between his aggressiveness and confidence in the biggest of the races and the way he is as a man, modest, shy and almost embarrassed by the attention he gets. Grande campione!

Well said. Nibali is a humble champion. Lets his riding do the talking. Chapeau!

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:

Operation sharknado commence...:cool:

Oh booo hooo! No fair, your admin-ness! I was in the process of turning a Bash-Nibbles thread into a Post-a-Picture-of-Nibbles-in-a-Shiny-Jersey thread and you pulled the plug! Where are my pitchforks? Well, a trident will do, I guess:

tirreno-adriatico-vincenzo-nibali-trident.jpg

SafeBet said:
I don't think Nibali has any chance of winning the WC this year. But Italy has not many cards to play so it's probably sensible to give him the leadership nonetheless.
Which non-sprinters do you think have any chance? Surely Nibali (depending on form) is as good a bet as any other who isn't happy with a 20-man bunch sprint.

Netserk said:
Which non-sprinters do you think have any chance? Surely Nibali (depending on form) is as good a bet as any other who isn't happy with a 20-man bunch sprint.

what do you mean with non-sprinters? Cancellara could win it, but again he's probably one of the best sprinters after a hard and long race. Nibali stands no chance against basically anyone.

SafeBet said:
what do you mean with non-sprinters? Cancellara could win it, but again he's probably one of the best sprinters after a hard and long race. Nibali stands no chance against basically anyone.
Other than Sagan, Kristoff, Degenkolb, Cancellara, Valverde, Kwia, Gerrans, Boonen, Matthews, Modolo, Coquard, Breschel, Swift etc.

Riders who needs to attack to podium.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Such a lucky rider never been best climber in his life or best ITT yet has the set, kudos for matching you're potential but please no Giro this year(some fans will have an excuse then), we want see mano o mano and you my friend will be staring at CF and AC bottom.;)

TANK91 said:
Such a lucky rider never been best climber in his life or best ITT yet has the set, kudos for matching you're potential but please no Giro this year(some fans will have an excuse then), we want see mano o mano and you my friend will be staring at CF and AC bottom.;)

I want to see Quintana against Nibali and a hungry Froome and Contador. That scenario could be a classic Tour. I have a feeling that Nibali will do the Tour. Aru will get his chance at the Giro maybe without Uran as well but maybe Uran sees it as an opportunity he won't get again as the Giro becomes a lot easier without Quintana. Still he would have to beat Majka, Aru and other good riders. If Nibali is worried about his record he will probably do the Giro and will win it I would expect. But something tells me that Nibali will want to answer his critics and will do the Tour. He may not win it but the race will be a lot more interesting with his presence.