• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 333 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

cineteq said:
Afrank said:
Oh Vincenzo, what are you doing to yourself? :( This should have been a simple apology, acknowledge what you did wasn't right, express that you regret it, make sure you don't do it again. Simple.

He did aopologize:

“I want to publicily apologise for what happened, especially for the people who feel they are angry or ashamed of me!”. “What happened at the Vuelta happens in every race, even if that does mean what I did isn’t right. I should have been punished. The race judges decide the right punishment.”

But then he went on to try to justify it by saying it happens in every race and blamed Ewan who wasn't even involved in the crash. He would have been so much better off if he just left it at "what I did wasn't right." But he went on to make it worse.

Re:

BigMac said:
https://twitter.com/vincenzonibali :(

Not strange. The things he has said lately are beyond outlandish. Drawing fire upon his team when hinting UCI are behind his expulsion with their overall treatment of Astana would have lesser riders fired on spot.

Edit: The drama unfolds. Apparantly he has suspended it due to massive "abuse" and "criticism". That is the drama queen option. The real reason would probably being "advised" to do so

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-suspends-his-twitter-account-after-abuse/

Re: Re:

Beech Mtn said:
He does need to train better. But I also think he'd do well to be wiser with his words. I'm not so sure words couldn't eventually end a career. You don't want to make yourself expendable to sponsors and teams, but most dangerous of all - the big players like ASO and the UCI. You don't want to be on their radar as a trouble-maker.

What was it Lance told Floyd: don't cross those guys.
UCI will not allow Nibali to race until the end of the Vuelta.
Could be related?

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
It is more disrespectful to abandon a race where hundreds of riders are willing to go to the end but they're not selected by their teams, than to hang on a car for 150 meters, then get DQ and not allowed to ride until the race ends.

Re:

StannisBaratheon said:
It is more disrespectful to abandon a race, when hundreds of riders are willing to go to the end but they're not selected by their teams, than to hang on a car for 150 meters, then get DQ and not allowed to ride until the race ends.

I know you're the true heir to the Iron Throne but Nibs is getting what the rules very clearly say is the consequences of his actions. I'm a Nibs fan but the penalty is Very Clear.

Re:

Pippo_San said:
And then he wins the Worlds. All's forgotten and he's again a hero.

if I think about Nibali winning the WC I can really understand the British fans who are pissed about the SKY religion in UK

I would feel annoyed in the same way. here in Italy the Gazzetta would be printed in rainbow instead of pink :D (no really)
"the revenge of the champion" "the big f#ck you to the Uci commissaires" "the Shark is the best" etc etc
just no
just do not win the WC :p

(ok, I fear someone will quote this on that Sunday, mocking me with Vincenzo in rainbow...)

Omg what a cheater! First time I ever see this kind of behavior in a cycling race!
Get lost, bunch of hypocrites... he got dq cause he's attacks on UCI and being in Astana.

Good lesson though, he should stop the talk (and I mean right now) and start training/racing like he used to do.
Rest is meaningless.

Dog

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nibali discussion thread

If Aru wins the Vuelta then Nibali can kiss goodbye to his guaranteed Tour leader status next year.

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

Dog said:
If Aru wins the Vuelta then Nibali can kiss goodbye to his guaranteed Tour leader status next year.

He could try Giro Vuelta double. We already that he won't face Froome and Contador at Giro and with Rio next year Vuelta will be even less targeted by riders.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Dog said:

Surely Aru will want to win the Giro first and show the world that he can beat Landa in a 1 v1.