• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 352 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2015
Visit site
I support Nibali in this, the others should go do indoor track racing. If this Brammeier fellow doesn't want to race then he can quit the race and go home. These guys will destroy many races in the future if this continues. Sadly, I think the corporate bots will win and cycling will be completely robotized like so many other sports.

Re:

Jakub said:
Lol, I missed this:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-brammeier-exchange-expected-to-end-without-legal-action/

Well, I see some of you guys like Nibali, but I simply don't understand how can you. This guy is so silly. AC attacked in Giro: lack of respect. Sky dominates TdF: lack of respect. Some riders say he's a moron: lack of respect. This time I will take a legal actiooooon!

Well, it is so, he's suffering from a lack of respect from the others and rightly so, but everytime he whines, the lack of respect grows bigger and bigger. :)

Other things aside, how can you describe what Brammeier did but the lack of respect? It's more than that, it's, well, narrow minded and moronic.

I like Nibali, even though I am all for canceling potentially dangerous stages - better to cancel them and be wrong about it than not, and have some bad injury [although I also agree that in this case, they should have waited for the last possible minute before canceling]. But in this case, Brammeier and Martin weren't only disrespecting one of the greatest riders of the peloton [if his palmares is even important in this situation], they were simply being classless idiots.

So Brammeier retweets an article where there's not a single Nibali's quote calling him a selfish moron.
Nibali then says (literally translated): I don't want to reply anything, I just sent the tweet to my lawyer and he'll handle this.
And it turns out there won't be any legal action.

I don't really see how Nibali can be the one criticised between the two.

Re:

SafeBet said:
So Brammeier retweets an article where there's not a single Nibali's quote calling him a selfish moron.
Nibali then says (literally translated): I don't want to reply anything, I just sent the tweet to my lawyer and he'll handle this.

Short and clear explanation of what has happened for all those who use this event to jump on the Nibali hate bandwagon. Respect!

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
SafeBet said:

Short and clear explanation of what has happened for all those who use this event to jump on the Nibali hate bandwagon. Respect!

+1

Re:

jaylew said:
Pointless. He has no chance on this parcours.

I'd love to be proven wrong, however. Anything but a bunch sprint, please!
Still they will likely make the race more exciting. It's sad that Nibali can hardly win no matter how good he is, but I rather take an exciting Nibali who doesnt have a good chance to win than no Nibali.

Rollthedice said:
jaylew said:

Well, he made it to the podium in 2012.

+1
best san remo in last 5 years and so exciitng finish
when he was able to did that he is able even to win it especially with this year form, hopefully someone will help him

Re:

Jakub said:
Lol, I missed this:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-brammeier-exchange-expected-to-end-without-legal-action/

Well, I see some of you guys like Nibali, but I simply don't understand how can you. This guy is so silly. AC attacked in Giro: lack of respect. Sky dominates TdF: lack of respect. Some riders say he's a moron: lack of respect. This time I will take a legal actiooooon!

Well, it is so, he's suffering from a lack of respect from the others and rightly so, but everytime he whines, the lack of respect grows bigger and bigger. :)

I think Nibs' lawyer explained to him that the truth is the perfect defense in these cases :D

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Pay attention, Gazzetta is just a gossip newspaper nowadays, can't find trace of the interview on the website.
I would not be the first time they write stuff like that to have a flame.

if you are talking about that cyclingnews article where he is writing about Milano San Remo and his future for me does not seem any offence to Aru from him, he simply said how it is and that they are not good friends with Aru and that is all, no insults in my opinion

Rollthedice said:
jaylew said:

Well, he made it to the podium in 2012.

Sure, but at least the route included La Manie then and the sprinters were a bit more softened. If I recall, they went hard there and Cancellara was even dropped before making it in the final move.

I don't actually discount the possibility of him being in a winning move but I give him close to zero chance of actually winning. He's a worse sprinter than anyone he'd be in a group with and he doesn't have the power to stay away solo, ala Canc. It's just not a race he can win given the parcours, imo.

Granted that doesn't mean there aren't good reasons for him to participate. Sounds like the team and the sponsors wanted him there so he'll definitely give it his all as he always does. I certainly don't expect him to be completely anonymous as it's not in his nature but honestly, it's not a race in which he should have a team at his disposal.

TRENDING THREADS