• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 625 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thomas and maybe Kruijswijk, but yeah no Remco and Carapaz.
In theory the route is perfect for Thomas... if he finds form.
I expect maybe some other big gun missfiring at the Tour or dropping out early and showing up at the Giro.
In theory, what route even suits Thomas apart from TT heavy? I literally think his climbing form is too rare to even judge what climbs suit him, and in his Tour win he was just never in trouble.

Depends. Both have been crap and good during their career. Nibali usually does good TTs when it matters and he's in proper shape, better than Birdsong. But between the two the difference should be made on the mountains, Nibali can't get a proper margin as it would have been with Carapaz in TT.
I don't really worry about Bird.

For Nibali's sake I worry about Dumoulin doing the Giro after the Tour.

And Vlasov.

Is calling him a slightly better Zakarin even dismissing? To me someone slightly better than a gt podium finisher sounds kinda dangerous

Vlasov is nothing short of amazing since he's with Astana. It's like the season break because of corona didn't exist , stage races and one day placements look like this: 2,3,1,4,3,1. However this does not make him more than a dangerous outsider for the Giro and he is riding for Fuglsang. What will be the relation between the two? Will Vlasov be the new Carapaz to Mikel Birdsong?

After a training camp in the Dolomites kept rather secret (haven't seen any twitters and alikes) it's back to action in a race that is fundamental, especially this year, for his preparation of the Giro.

Two days and 16 hours left until Tirreno-Adriatico. The team is: Vincenzo, Brambilla, Bernard, Weening, De Kort, Kirsch and Antonio.