• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Carols said:
Guess you miss T-A. He beat Froome there and he beat Wiggo in Trentino and he's disposing of Wiggo now :) To date he seems to be the only guy that has Skys number :)

Froome and Nibali competed on 5 climbs so far this season. Two in Tour of Oman, three in Tirreno-Adriatico. Froome won 4 of them, but it seems you have only remembered the one he lost.

wwabbit said:
Froome and Nibali competed on 5 climbs so far this season. Two in Tour of Oman, three in Tirreno-Adriatico. Froome won 4 of them, but it seems you have only remembered the one he lost.

Exactly. Froome is stronger than Nibali. We will see that next year when Nibali starts Tdf.

Btw, sorry for derailing the thread yesterday. It was not my intention, I just got irritated and then it happened. And that's the end of the off topic discussion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Miburo said:
What about purito? Where would you put him?
excuseme for my english..
Jro may be POTENTIALLY in the TOP 3.but so far never won a GT even when was stronger (VUELTA 2012).
I would say immediately after the top 3

number0 said:
excuseme for my english..
Jro may be POTENTIALLY in the TOP 3.but so far never won a GT even when was stronger (VUELTA 2012).
I would say immediately after the top 3

Are you comparing climbing or GT contention?
Pretty sure you said "climbing" and Rodriguez has gotten the results over the other 3 several times this season, albeit not the GC results.

Prati di Tivo seems to be the outlier. Not sure what happened to him there but it looked like he was badly positioned at the start of the climb.

He beat them all in TOO Stage 4 and TA Stage 5, and was joint best in TOO Stage 5 and TA Stage 6.

wwabbit said:
Prati di Tivo seems to be the outlier. Not sure what happened to him there but it looked like he was badly positioned at the start of the climb.

He beat them all in TOO Stage 4 and TA Stage 5, and was joint best in TOO Stage 5 and TA Stage 6.

They did not follow Purito on TOO Stage 4 though as he was behind on GC and Froome almost caught him.

May 16, 2013
Visit site
wwabbit said:
Are you comparing climbing or GT contention?
Pretty sure you said "climbing" and Rodriguez has gotten the results over the other 3 several times this season, albeit not the GC results.

I spoke of the gt as a whole.Mountain, stopwatch, plain ...

May 19, 2011
Visit site
wwabbit said:

So what? Looking back several recent GT, not sure it is just a coincidence or something fundamental (cleaner cycling or the other direction) going on in the cycling sports, time gap in the MTF stage is just so so among top contenders, most winning decisive gap is made during hard hilly stages.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
So what? Looking back several recent GT, not sure it is just a coincidence or something fundamental (cleaner cycling or the other direction) going on in the cycling sports, time gap in the MTF stage is just so so among top contenders, most winning decisive gap is made during hard hilly stages.

Which recent GT's were decided in the hills?

maxmartin said:

I call BS on this.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
wwabbit said:
I call BS on this.

I'd call it Manse magic or something. I'd wonder how many talks about extreme importance of hilly stages was on there before Manse. Manse + Fuente de. That's it. If it lasted for 3-4 years in at least half of GTs, it would be reasonable to underline tendency. But 2 cases is too little. It sounds like a far-fetched thing. For obvious reason I don't include the Giro in this list. If Wiggins drops out of 100 guy peloton from 80k to go, it doesn't say anything about hardness of the stage or intense struggle. Just sickness.