• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
That acceleration was ridiculous. Everyone could follow.

It was fine, he always looked like he was under control. Why do you even keep posting in this tread when u clearly dislike Nibali. You don't see me whining in the Alberto tread all the time...

It's not Nibali's accelerations that are ridiculous, but your comments :rolleyes:

Franklin said:
This can't be stressed enough. Remember the OS where Italy, captained by Nibali spat a huge loogie in the faces of the UK team? When Spain collectively gave the UK the middle finger and attacked?

Wiggins and Froome are seriously detested in the peloton, quite simply because they wreck chances of other riders without reason. Sanchez was oh so right when he found Wiggins a A-hole. Valverde just had pity remarks for the dynamic duo. Basso and Nibbles just laughed when the topic was Sky.

Someone here said: Real Bosses dont give gifts. It's a sign of how many people don't follow cycling. A real boss is known to give gifts. And is known when to punish.... ;)

Nibali has shown to be a great leader.

What did Sanchez say?

webbie146 said:
It was fine, he always looked like he was under control. Why do you even keep posting in this tread when u clearly dislike Nibali. You don't see me whining in the Alberto tread all the time...

It's not Nibali's accelerations that are ridiculous, but your comments :rolleyes:

What? If he's so strong why not ride away and win the stage? He doesn't want a stage win? OK.

I just want to see a race leader that's clearly the strongest put in some decent attacks. It would be more enjoyable than this borefest right now. The GC action on the climbs is limited, so I look to the only guy able to make a difference, to make a difference. I hope Nibali will go all out on stage 19 or 20 otherwise this edition will be a farce. GC settled after the first week. Yay :rolleyes:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to nibali for winning the giro.

When does the dauphine start? ;)

And laflo, don't be ridiculous, nibali had no reason to attack. There was some headwind there and he prob didn't feel that super. He tried at least, to see if evans would get dropped but was not the case so he stopped.

It's not nibali's fault that evans and uran are not doing ****.

webbie146 said:
He will get his stage win. MTT.

Probably, but it would not be such a great stage win IMO. A solo win on a MTF, in the snow, now that would be epic. I forget about Alberto's MTT win in the 2011 edition all the time. I only remember Etna because it was epic.

In 10 years, when I think of the 2013 Giro, I want to remember the eventual winner emerging from the fog to win the stage in the snow, solo :cool: I like Visconti and I am happy he won, but it won't be what I'll remember. I'll remember this as the edition there was barely any action on the MTFs:eek: OR something big must happen on stage 19 or 20.

Red Rick said:
It's incredibly hard to drop everyone on a 6% climb with a big headwind, he probably decided the reward wasn't worth the risk

I didn't know there was a headwind. That makes sense. Though, Alberto attacked into a headwind in 2011:cool:. I thought it was nice to see Majka and Betancur battle but the stage was a bit disappointing imo.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Probably, but it would not be such a great stage win IMO. A solo win on a MTF, in the snow, now that would be epic. I forget about Alberto's MTT win in the 2011 edition all the time. I only remember Etna because it was epic.

In 10 years, when I think of the 2013 Giro, I want to remember the eventual winner emerging from the fog to win the stage in the snow, solo :cool: I like Visconti and I am happy he won, but it won't be what I'll remember. I'll remember this as the edition there was barely any action on the MTFs:eek: OR something big must happen on stage 19 or 20.

Hmm yea I get what u mean, I think he will try to take either stage 19 or 20.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Giro is not over.

But the danger doesn't come from Nibali's opponents. Nibali can only be defeated by bad luck or himself (bad day)

I'm super roasted today ... hard ride.

WRT Nibbles, I'd be a bit worried about his form being maintained. He's been up for a while, the last few days are brutal, so hopefully he's not losing form at that point.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Not sure it matters but Visconti is from Sicily as well and he's been suffering from depression in the past year. Maybe Nibbles didn't really want to catch him.

Yeah right. You really think he could have just jumped there without anyone on his wheel?

He tried one time but i don't think he had real great legs, he didn't really drop anyone.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
Yeah right. You really think he could have just jumped there without anyone on his wheel?

He tried one time but i don't think he had real great legs, he didn't really drop anyone.

Could have said to his teammates to go slower

LaFlorecita said:
I didn't know there was a headwind. That makes sense. Though, Alberto attacked into a headwind in 2011:cool:. I thought it was nice to see Majka and Betancur battle but the stage was a bit disappointing imo.
It was good to see that both Carlos and Rafal are up for a fight: sometimes this classification doesn't really make a race, it's more a case of last man standing wins.
I'm glad to see they aren't just happy to follow wheels the entire Giro; also honourable mention to Kelderman.

Nibali:

“I think I have the same form as I had last year at the Tour, but the Tour is different from the Giro. At the Tour there were fewer possibilities. The finishes were the bottom of hills, there were two time trials totalling 110km. Here the race suits my style.”

TRENDING THREADS