• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Them dropping even more weight to be able to compete with Nibali on the steep Italian mountains is not a reason for their retreat/illness?

In the end Nibali has won a very disappointing Giro with no real mountainstages.

Totally agree, would Nibali have won the Giro still with more Mountains yes he probably would but it does'nt discount how bad this race is how can people defend it is beyond me, ooo we had a great wk1 bla bla bla no we did not have a great week 1, all what was great for fanboy's was certain riders failing because of bad weather. Look at the MTN stages lol not even 1 multi hard mountainstage, yes i know the bad weather but that is not the point worst GT for years.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
cineteq said:
It's silly to put all eggs in one basket: The Worlds (one-day race), when clearly he's better at GTs. Hope he reconsiders.

Totally agree Cineteq he could definately win the Vuelta i know it is really hard and its hard to win 2 GT's in 1 year but its much easier to do Giro Vuelta. I also dont think it will be extremely hard for him to win competition wise. Of course it wont be easy but with Froome, Contador, Valverde and Purito all doing the TDF i think he has a great chance. You would probably expect one of those names to do the Vuelta if they fail in the TDF though. I just think it is too much of a risk to bank every thing on WChamps unless he try's improving his palmares and winning the fall classics and Lombardia.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Carols said:
Bull Crap!

He's got the trophy and 1 Giro, 1 Vuelta...and 5 years to get Le Tour :)

Grande vittoria Vincenzo!!!!!

Aslong as Froome is racing he'll never get le tour ;)

Give me 2 months before adding AC to that list :cool:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
By the way Hitch, Nibali disagrees with you. ;)

582000_10151422426033247_2110719707_n.jpg

TRENDING THREADS