• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Nibali is absoloute nuts to ride the TDF he cant live with Froome we know that for a fact, Contador?, lets see in Catalunya. I feel Contador is winning it all he is fearing me alot lol, he looks in great condition, i feel were heading for 07-10 again. He looks effortless, if Froome beats Contador in Catalunya ill change my mind s imo he should beat Froome, how do you guys look at it, do you like me feel if you have done Tirreno you have an advantage i would think its certain Contador should beat him here to win in France?

People need to stop making excuses for Nibs you do no he done the TDF in 12 right?, you do no he was in good shape in Tirreno that year? This must be a concern as for last 2 years he as been great at this point yet this year he is not? He defo went to PN with sill target he looked at TA and said stuff that line up man.

I would understand if it was a better route as he could have wanted to win PN instead for his palmares but i think he bottled it and underestimated PN riders. Nibali is great and underated all his life really but im sure last year people were saying his Giro domination was not even that fast up the climbs compared to Tour guys, is that true or not?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Nibali needs "training" not some stupid racing, AC and CF can win everything they want at this time. July will be another story:p

yeaahhh riiighhtt..:D He is scrambling to put racing miles now. Bad winter, bad winter..:p

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Good attack by Nibali. But he should have race Catalunya instead.. :D Getting racing miles in the rain? sound like looking for unnecessary sickness. Anyway, I'm still waiting to see him make a real noise. Hope to see him on the next race (whatever that would be).

Vincenzo Nibali ‏@vincenzonibali 8 min
Ho aspettato per una buona compagnia!! Da solo sapevo che era difficile !! Ma dove sono i corridori con le di una volta?? #MilanoSanremo

:D:D:D

Edit (loose translation):
I was waiting for a good company!! I knew that alone it would have been difficult!! But where are the riders with balls of the past times?

Eshnar said:
Ho aspettato per una buona compagnia!! Da solo sapevo che era difficile !! Ma dove sono i corridori con le ���� di una volta?? #MilanoSanremo

I was waiting for a good company!! I knew that alone it would have been difficult!! But where are the riders with balls of the past times?

You tell them Shark :)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Ho aspettato per una buona compagnia!! Da solo sapevo che era difficile !! Ma dove sono i corridori con le ���� di una volta?? #MilanoSanremo

Gilbert you failed Nibali:D

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Ho aspettato per una buona compagnia!! Da solo sapevo che era difficile !! Ma dove sono i corridori con le di una volta?? #MilanoSanremo

Exactly! Great ride Lo Squalo - thankfully someone still has some of those :cool:

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
In the other riders defence - They would have had to been good enough to stay with Nibbles on the downhill for it to have been worthwhile for them to attack with him. TGBM maybe?

Eshnar said:

LEGEND :cool:

TRENDING THREADS