• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 162 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2014
Visit site
Why would Slongo release those numbers though I don't understand. I'm thinking either he's pretty sure he has nailed them and just wants to brag...or more like this is some sort of mind-games and he just throwing out numbers waay smaller than what they are actually prepping for.

I seriously doubt the Froome super-attacks are 20-30 second efforts with peak power in between 6.9-7.3 W/kg :p

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
"They're already at their best and can't improve anymore," Slongo suggested to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Nibali has to reach 100% during the first week of the Tour de France, there's still a month until the key mountain stages of the Tour. I would have been worried if Nibali had been at his best at the Dauphine."

How did Mr. Slongo get this conclusion??? I do hope he is right though. LOL CF said he will lose another KILO before the Tour. So Nibali has more than that weight to lose.

He doesn't need to lose as much weight as anorexic Chris. Besides, a little more weight then Froome will help him crush him on descents. ;)

Slongo sounds like he's just playing the pre-Tour who's in shape? Who isn't? poker game. Or PR game you could also say.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
He doesn't need to lose as much weight as anorexic Chris. Besides, a little more weight then Froome will help him crush him on descents. ;)

Slongo sounds like he's just playing the pre-Tour who's in shape? Who isn't? poker game. Or PR game you could also say.

wish we could have a freezing stage in the tour, but it is unlikely to happen

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
BqZs09cIQAAKVZ7.jpg

No problem with Birdsong, happy bunch! And Nibs is already slimmer!

Was this picture taken after the Dauphine?

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
BqZs09cIQAAKVZ7.jpg

No problem with Birdsong, happy bunch! And Nibs is already slimmer!

So it looks like the Astana team for the Tour will include Nibs, Scarponi, Westa, Vanotti, Birdsong, Grivko, and Gruzdev based on that pic

I'm guessing one of the last two riders will be Kessiakoff. Iglinskiy the other?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:
"They're already at their best and can't improve anymore," Slongo suggested to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Nibali has to reach 100% during the first week of the Tour de France, there's still a month until the key mountain stages of the Tour. I would have been worried if Nibali had been at his best at the Dauphine."

How did Mr. Slongo get this conclusion??? I do hope he is right though. LOL CF said he will lose another KILO before the Tour. So Nibali has more than that weight to lose.

yeah i read the article too. His very sure assessment about Froome and Contador's form, he made it sounded like we are going to see 'a superman like Nibali'... So I'm getting really curious coz' the way he described how Nibali has been trained after Dauphine. I hope this isn't just some mind games.

EBH at least had Gent Wevelgem, ENECO Tour and some other strong wins early in his career. No comparison. EBH started winning from the moment he became professional.
And then became gradually worse each year.

Lutsenko has really done nothing yet. Disappointment. I think Astana is the wrong team for him also.

TRENDING THREADS