• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 229 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
no, because his racing in the gts has been steadily improving every god damn year since hebecame a pro... Are you pretending to be this ignorant, or are you serious?

On what basis? Cause he crushed an old aussie and some french riders?

Vino attacks everyone said:
no, because his racing in the gts has been steadily improving every god damn year since hebecame a pro... Are you pretending to be this ignorant, or are you serious?
I sure as hell didn't think he would be climbing side by side with Contador and Froome in the Tour after Dauphiné this year. So no, I didn't think he'd stand a chance at that point.

Holy Crap :( And all this time we thought there was no effect from that crash :(

Nibali did not race for 50 days after winning the Tour de France and completing a series of post-Tour criteriums. He was back in action last week at the Trittico Lombardo and at the Memorial Pantani and GP di Prato but failed to finished three of the five races. He also crashed on his left hip in the Tre Valli Varesine race and according to Gazzetta dello Sport is struggling to recover from his injuries and may need a skin transplant at the end of the season. The wound is apparently open and slightly infected.

“There's no point in hiding it, it hurts. When I start riding it bothers me but it gets better when I warm up,” Nibali told Gazzetta dello Sport. “Before going to bed (on Monday) I got a scalpel and took quite a bit of asphalt and infected material out of it. It's a little better but is far from healed.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-struggling-with-injury-and-doubts-about-his-form

Carols said:
“There's no point in hiding it, it hurts. When I start riding it bothers me but it gets better when I warm up,” Nibali told Gazzetta dello Sport. “Before going to bed (on Monday) I got a scalpel and took quite a bit of asphalt and infected material out of it. It's a little better but is far from healed.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-struggling-with-injury-and-doubts-about-his-form
Plan B for Italy. Anyway, his chance of winning on this course was close to zero.

cineteq said:
Plan B for Italy. Anyway, his chance of winning on this course was close to zero.

Never expected him to win. But this sounds pretty nasty.... What warriors these guys are! Gee I'll wait until the off season and get a skin transplant.

Meanwhile Astana won't let him ride Lombardia. What crap is that? He is the reigning Italian Champion and TdF winner. Geez some crap race instead of Lombardia. When is his contract up?

cineteq is right of course, well almost right.

He improved every year with 1 exception IMO.
2011 was his off year, he was stronger in 2010 than in 2011.

And actually not sure if he still improved in 14, his 13 level already was high.

His spring 14 though was a huge disappointment.
Dauphiné? Well, if you want to take the Dauphiné as "standard", then you better remember how different riders use the Dauphiné in different ways in their preparation.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Carols said:
Holy Crap :( And all this time we thought there was no effect from that crash :(

Nibali did not race for 50 days after winning the Tour de France and completing a series of post-Tour criteriums. He was back in action last week at the Trittico Lombardo and at the Memorial Pantani and GP di Prato but failed to finished three of the five races. He also crashed on his left hip in the Tre Valli Varesine race and according to Gazzetta dello Sport is struggling to recover from his injuries and may need a skin transplant at the end of the season. The wound is apparently open and slightly infected.

Arrgh! That is some bad news. Had not paid too much attention to the news that he crashed in the Tre Valli race :(

That CN article also included quite a bit of information that makes me wonder how good it is for him to be at Astana. It is good money, sure. Well, Nibs is a champion, we will see how he handles all of this.

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only who finds it odd that debridement/debris cleaning isnt being taken of appropriately and timely at this level of sport (applies to both nibbles and contie, and who knows who else)?!

Carols said:

Isn't this what the team doctors are for?? Sounds quite dangerous!:eek:

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
yespatterns said:
Am I the only who finds it odd that debridement/debris cleaning isnt being taken of appropriately and timely at this level of sport (applies to both nibbles and contie, and who knows who else)?!

Very odd, to me too - especially in the case of a deep wound like Contador's. Makes me shudder to think of Nibs getting a scalpel out and scraping "asphalt and infected material" out on his own. Maybe something lost in translation?? i hope, anyway :confused:

yespatterns said:

Degenkolb. He ended up in hospital lately for the same thing, crash in Vuelta, endangering his Worlds participation. Indeed it is unbelievable what is happening, doctors have other assignments in a team? Back to Nibali, slim chances to win indeed even at 100% now it's zero. Sonny Colbrelli seems to be Italy's hope while Aru, Nibs and the others will race hard to try and force selection earlier. Hope Nibs will put in a few hopeless attacks.

As for paying a visit to Borat relatives exactly when Lombardia is happening, what can we say? Absurd.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
From CyclingNews About his being obligated to go hunting in Kazakhstan and missing the Giro presentation:

“I don't want to go. I've never shot a gun in my life. I don't like to shoot and I'm not interested in hunting. I also want to be at the presentation. Let's see what happens,” Gazzetta report Nibali as saying.

:(

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
pigoonse said:
From CyclingNews About his being obligated to go hunting in Kazakhstan and missing the Giro presentation:

“I don't want to go. I've never shot a gun in my life. I don't like to shoot and I'm not interested in hunting. I also want to be at the presentation. Let's see what happens,” Gazzetta report Nibali as saying.

:(

Vino will send him another letter

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Jspear said:
Maybe Niabli will come and ride for Tinkov. :D He can have the gt's that AC doesn't want. :p
Edit: and oh ya, he can ride the cobble classics with Sagan....between the two they should be great.

Taking another pop at Nibali and fans in the Nibali discussion thread, I see. Very classy of you.

TRENDING THREADS