• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 231 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Andynesz said:
Nibali said about Froome that maybe he doesnt know how to ride his bike.

Karma is a ***** , Nibali crashed last 2 races he started. Definitevly needs to learn how to ride his bike.

Plenty of Nibali fans said similar things about AC as well after the Tour. Hopefully those fans can now see things objectively. There is such a thing as bike handling skills - but there is also something called luck. You need both. AC can be a good bike handler and crash. Nibali can be a good bike handler and crash.

Hope he wasn't effected badly....

Jspear said:
Plenty of Nibali fans said similar things about AC as well after the Tour. Hopefully those fans can now see things objectively. There is such a thing as bike handling skills - but there is also something called luck. You need both. AC can be a good bike handler and crash. Nibali can be a good bike handler and crash.

Hope he wasn't effected badly....

+1

Well said

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
To change the subject, confirmation today Nibali doesn't have the form yet. I think it's not to stupid not doing Lombardy, because he wouldn't played a factor in his beloved race.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Arredondo said:
To change the subject, confirmation today Nibali doesn't have the form yet. I think it's not to stupid not doing Lombardy, because he wouldn't played a factor in his beloved race.

This is very true about not doing Lombardy.

My concern is still about how happy Nibali is going to be at Astana in the long run. Sure, the money is great but is it worth it? Idk.. we'll see how 2015 goes. Otoh, he has won 2 GT's with Astana.

Maybe he'll fall in love with hunting :p

May 19, 2011
Visit site
pigoonse said:
This is very true about not doing Lombardy.

My concern is still about how happy Nibali is going to be at Astana in the long run. Sure, the money is great but is it worth it? Idk.. we'll see how 2015 goes. Otoh, he has won 2 GT's with Astana.

Maybe he'll fall in love with hunting :p

If he can win Tour, nothing else matters. Does AC or LA ever do anything after winning the Tour?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
They win it the year after as well...

wr1Q6vE.gif

May 28, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Haha, hope Maxim Iglinskiy confessed to 2012 LBL foul play. So Nibali would have his first monument victory. LOL

What foul play? Both had just come from Tenerife prior to the Ardennes races, so one can assume that they were on a level playing field.

Netbalp

BANNED
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Will flaming jealosy on the occasion of Contador not winning the 2014 Tour ever release some personas? Nibali's victory is plain, square and well-deserved period

Netbalp said:
Will flaming jealosy on the occasion of Contador not winning the 2014 Tour ever release some personas? Nibali's victory is plain, square and well-deserved period

I don't see any flaming jealousy in the last few posts? Are you trolling again my friend? PS good to see you back. I see that after abandoning Andy for Froome, you've now abandoned Froome for Nibali. As long as you can bait Contador fans, eh?

Netbalp said:

As someone who really really likes / rates Nibali, only just not quite as much as I like / rate Contador, I just don't get this stuff. All things being equal, I'd have liked Contador not to crash out and win, but I don't have a huge aching jealousy about Nibali winning it - indeed, couldn't be happier he did, in the circs. And neither do I get the sense that there are lots of AC fans who are steaming with resentment about it…haven't we all moved on to thinking about 2015 now??