• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 301 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, I see Froome. But it's difficult to determine the distance because of possible use of tele-lenses. But I still think Froome is too far away. I have no idea what really happened though. I have a HD recording right here, and I can't see a thing. It's all guesswork.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Sciocco said:
When Nibali loses this TdF as he surely will, will he re-think the super peak for the **** de France or actually start racing races again?

that's the hindsight of having Nibali looses TDF. He finally will RACE again! not soft pedal ala Andy all season...

Re: Re:

JRanton said:
SkyTears said:
do you have a link to a video showing Nibali throw a bottle? would be very interesting to see

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

Go to 1:46 on the video and you can see Nibali lobbing the bottle at Froome (He has an Astana rider either side of him but the national bands give him away). About 7 seconds later on the video you see Froome mouthing something at Nibali and the bidon is just in front of Froome's bike.

It's not a bottle, it's a flag waving in the crowd.

Haters gonna hate.

Re:

Sciocco said:
When Nibali loses this TdF as he surely will, will he re-think the super peak for the **** de France or actually start racing races again?
Would be great.
This first week shows why it's illogical to have just one super peak in a seson. You can be in top shape and still lose minutes.
Last year everything went according to plans and he was very lucky as well. This year not so much.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

SafeBet said:
Sciocco said:
Would be great.
This first week shows why it's illogical to have just one super peak in a seson. You can be in top shape and still lose minutes.
Last year everything went according to plans and he was very lucky as well. This year not so much.

I wouldn't count him out for this tour though, a lot of racing left. But yea he needs to stop with this superpeak :eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Jelantik said:
Sciocco said:

that's the hindsight of having Nibali looses TDF. He finally will RACE again! not soft pedal ala Andy all season...
I hope, I was his fan back than in 2012 and 2013!

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
next year nibali will do il giro, only because he fears froome and contador... i would love to see froome and contador in giro and tour.

King Boonen said:
JRanton said:
SkyTears said:
do you have a link to a video showing Nibali throw a bottle? would be very interesting to see

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

Go to 1:46 on the video and you can see Nibali lobbing the bottle at Froome (He has an Astana rider either side of him but the national bands give him away). About 7 seconds later on the video you see Froome mouthing something at Nibali and the bidon is just in front of Froome's bike.

Haters gonna hate.

Seriously? Watch the Astana riders very closely at 1:46 or 1:47 on that video. You can clearly pick out Nibali in the Italian bands lobbing a bottle (or throwing it under arm) at Froome.

cineteq said:
Jelantik said:
As if he didn't race last year having the yellow jersey :rolleyes:

Of course he meant outside of the Tour. :rolleyes:
After this first week do you really still believe that one super peak - putting all your eggs in one basket - is the best approach? I can understand how you would think something like that in the heat of the moment last year. Your favorite rider had just won the Tour. He was invincible. But now, since you can see that he can crash, lose time because of bad positioning, get out climbed by Froome, ect - you should want him to do well outside of the Tour.

JRanton said:
King Boonen said:
JRanton said:
SkyTears said:

Haters gonna hate.

Seriously? Watch the Astana riders very closely at 1:46 or 1:47 on that video. You can clearly pick out Nibali in the Italian bands lobbing a bottle (or throwing it under arm) at Froome.

Then why are so many (including myself) not seeing a bidon thrown?

Jspear said:
cineteq said:
Jelantik said:

After this first week do you really still believe that one super peak - putting all your eggs in one basket - is the best approach? I can understand how you would think something like that in the heat of the moment last year. Your favorite rider had just won the Tour. He was invincible. But now, since you can see that he can crash, lose time because of bad positioning, get out climbed by Froome, ect - you should want him to do well outside of the Tour.

Tour is not done and I still believe Nibali have good chance to win tour, he have alps in front of him yet, he did better TT then froome, he lost time because of bad luck in 2nd stage, but 12s on Huy is nothing significant yet, it was nto type of climb Nibali prefer, we will see in mountains what cards he can play and how good he is

bassano said:
Jspear said:
cineteq said:
Jelantik said:

Tour is not done and I still believe Nibali have good chance to win tour, he have alps in front of him yet, he did better TT then froome, he lost time because of bad luck in 2nd stage, but 12s on Huy is nothing significant yet, it was nto type of climb Nibali prefer, we will see in mountains what cards he can play and how good he is

I would LOVE to see Nibbes outclimb Froome....just don't think it will happen. Yes, soon we will see.

JRanton said:
King Boonen said:
JRanton said:
SkyTears said:

Haters gonna hate.

It's a flag. You see it fluttering later in the video too.

TRENDING THREADS