• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 312 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
Mayomaniac said:
ray j willings said:
Rollthedice said:
This Tour is definitely doomed for Nibali. Somebody stole his sunglasses and money while he was at breakfast this morning. He won Le Tour last year with those glasses.

Yeah Its the Glasses :D

Nibs was fantastic last year but yet to see him compete at the highest level with Froome or a top form Bertie.
It would have been great to see him at his best and he his racing like a champion and fighter.
I dream of Nibs doing a Landis ,,,,,that would be AWESOME
A stage win and helping Quintana because he wants Froome to loose the Tour would be enough for me. :D
Just think about it, Nibali attacks early on the Col d' Allos in the Pra-Loup stage and Quintana attacks later and catches Nibali before the descent. Nibali helps Quintana to gain a lot of time on Froome on the descent and gets the stage win, for me that would be the best case scenario :D

I would be happy with that. Long as Sky lose.

Yeah, we all share same dream and same goals, SKY on knees, I hope it will be interesting battle in Alps, even today best GC riders were 4 that everyone expected and Valverde, this is definitelly good sign not like in pyrenees

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nibali discussion thread

astana is searching for answer. Nibali doesn't know why he is performing poorly. According to his number, he should be there with Quintana and TJ. I guess .. this is a symptom of 2013 Contador virus :D . Didn't contador say that he broke reoord number and even it was rumored that he hold a possible monstrous peak? just to find him no where in the mountain and getting dropped. Contador/his team were wondering why he wasn't' performing as expected as well.... ring a bell astana?..

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/07/news/astana-uncertainty-surrounds-nibali-at-tour-de-france_378335

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Astana Pro Team ‏@AstanaTeam
"Attacks are coming, I am ready to make them"

@vincenzonibali
ST14 #TDF2015

great. finally someone one throws a gauntlet.. and forgo everything. It's beginning to get boring.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

cineteq said:
Nibali hasn't risked much in downhill races/stages as of late. It's not much at stake for him, but...
I wonder what you think about that stage and his opportunities as a 'Nibali-expert'? ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about gap, the descent of col d'allos is apperently one of the most dangerous ones in the tour, will be insane with rain. Hopefully riders don't crash though

cineteq said:
ILovecycling said:
cineteq said:
Nibali hasn't risked much in downhill races/stages as of late. It's not much at stake for him, but...
I wonder what you think about that stage and his opportunities as a 'Nibali-expert'? ;)
If I has to bet, I'd say he'll do nothing just because it's very little at stake. He's a family man. ;-)

Good thing you didn't bet. ;)

I'm glad he did something. Hopefully he tries real hard for a stage win.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
If nibali goes full genius in allos with rain he'll gain 2 minutes i think. The likes of froome won't risk anything there.

Really hope he does. Was nice to see him going for it on the descent today. A stage win would be fantastic.

TRENDING THREADS