• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 337 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2015
Visit site
Nibali rode well he and used his strengths to the maximum. He was maybe the third strongest in the climbs overall but his descending sealed the victory. Good job by Rosa too.

As a little contrast to the pic in the Pinot thread:

163204_PIC562036383.jpg

Really was a pleasure watching the Shark going downhill today. Wonderful action.

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
King Boonen said:
Now officially the best active GT rider. Absolute legend.

Even if he wins next year LBL and Giro there will still be plenty on this forum who would disagree.

Well King Boonen is wrong in saying it makes him the best active GT rider. This doesn't effect his gt record at all. But it does add to his "greatness" as a rider. It makes his palmares look much better. If he were to win another gt or 2 + another monument (or 2), he would be remembered by more than just this generation.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
nibali will never be remembered, because he never was the best gt rider in this generation. the discussion is always between froome and contador, the rest is not even close. and for last, nibali hasn't cojo##s, he will do il giro 2016 only because he fears a second humiliation against froome and contador (giro 2011 and tour 2015)

LaFlorecita said:
King Boonen said:
What a load of rubbish. Lombardia doesn't change anything about his status as a GT rider. It's still Nibali vs Contador and Contador is STILL winning 7/9 to 3. Case closed.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion. As far as I am concerned a GT rider who can win a Monument is better than a GT rider who can't. Case closed.

Jspear said:
Rollthedice said:
King Boonen said:

Even if he wins next year LBL and Giro there will still be plenty on this forum who would disagree.

Well King Boonen is wrong in saying it makes him the best active GT rider. This doesn't effect his gt record at all. But it does add to his "greatness" as a rider. It makes his palmares look much better. If he were to win another gt or 2 + another monument (or 2), he would be remembered by more than just this generation.

Sorry, it's you guys who are wrong.

Re:

portugal11 said:
nibali will never be remembered, because he never was the best gt rider in this generation. the discussion is always between froome and contador, the rest is not even close. and for last, nibali hasn't cojo##s, he will do il giro 2016 only because he fears a second humiliation against froome and contador (giro 2011 and tour 2015)
Preach it! Lol :p

King Boonen said:
Jspear said:
Rollthedice said:
King Boonen said:

Nope, you doesnt make any sense. It does make him a better rider, but not a better GT-rider. Winning Lombardia has nothing to do with his GT-palmares which clearly is worse than fx. Contador's

Valv.Piti said:
King Boonen said:
Jspear said:
Rollthedice said:
King Boonen said:

Nope, you doesnt make any sense. It does make him a better rider, but not a better GT-rider. Winning Lombardia has nothing to do with his GT-palmares which clearly is worse than fx. Contador's

What kind of rider is Nibali. A GT rider. Ergo, Nibali is the best. It really is very simple, I'll not explain it again.

Yup, Nibali is definetely the best GT-rider of his generation after winning Lombardia, a race where the 3 best climbers in the world doesnt participate, one of whom have won 9 GT's compared to 3 of Nibali. I see your reasoning, its super logical and makes sense!

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Yup, Nibali is definetely the best GT-rider of his generation after winning Lombardia, a race where the 3 best climbers in the world doesnt participate, one of whom have won 9 GT's compared to 3 of Nibali. I see your reasoning, its super logical and makes sense!
Indeed, it is super simple and logical, I don't see why anyone would disagree :rolleyes:

sir fly said:
Valv.Piti said:
Who has won 9 GTs?

I think you know who I am referring to regardless of him being stripped by 2..

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

Instantly proving both your bias and why one of the riders considered does not come close to my list in this section of the forum.

Nibali is a much better rider than those 3 (2 of them don't even come close). Nibali is a GT rider. Nibali is the therefore the best GT rider of his generation. Its the same reason Bobet and Thys are better than LeMond. Anquetil, Merckx and Hinault are better than Indurain because of it.

King Boonen said:
Valv.Piti said:

Instantly proving both your bias and why one of the riders considered does not come close to my list in this section of the forum.

Nibali is a much better rider than those 3 (2 of them don't even come close). Nibali is a GT rider. Nibali is the therefore the best GT rider of his generation. Its the same reason Bobet and Thys are better than LeMond. Anquetil, Merckx and Hinault are better than Indurain because of it.

And you dont consider yourself biased?

Anyways, I dont think this is worth of a debate.

TRENDING THREADS