• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 336 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

whittashau said:
Definitely one of the best riders of his generation which is crazy considering the amount of doubters there were, and still are of his abilities.
From what you posted in the Lombardia thread, it seems you feel the "doubters" are underrating Nibali. I don't think anyone would disagree that Nibali is a very talented and very allround rider, but he is just a tad below the very best in the climbing and TTing part. That is fair enough, though, as you can't be the best at everything, but please try to understand and respect the opinion of others.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
whittashau said:
Definitely one of the best riders of his generation which is crazy considering the amount of doubters there were, and still are of his abilities.
From what you posted in the Lombardia thread, it seems you feel the "doubters" are underrating Nibali. I don't think anyone would disagree that Nibali is a very talented and very allround rider, but he is just a tad below the very best in the climbing and TTing part. That is fair enough, though, as you can't be the best at everything, but please try to understand and respect the opinion of others.
How is any of that disrespecting?

Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
The was reminiscent of the old Nibali. Not the tour focused garbage we have been served recently.

Chapeau Shark.

The Tour focused garbage netted him 4 stage wins and the Maillot Jaune, by far the biggest bike race in the world. Trust me when I say he wouldnt trade his 2014-season for any other.

But yes, its way more fun to see him contending for many other races (as is it for any other of the superstars of cycling) since it's never fun to see Zaugg and similar kind of riders win the biggest races of the season

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
whittashau said:
How is any of that disrespecting?
I think calling people "doubters" because they feel Nibali lacks in some parts of bike racing isn't respecting their opinion.