• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 396 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually wonder, aren't the nibali fans also really sad we never got to see this awesome duel too? The 2 most agressive/succesful GT riders of this century and both in monstershape. Will probably never happen again :(

tumblr_n8ncc0adY11qacyk6o1_500.jpg

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Don't make me sad Miburo. That Tour would've been awesome. Look at Contador's right arm there. It's crazy how good he was there.

Another reason why he was such a beast, it was raining. It was also raining on the planche des belles filles stage :(

But nibali was a monster, i don't know if contador could have done it but it would have been insane. Every stage, attacks left and right.

No pussy ass *** like what happened with AS and quintana, or some stupid sky train.

We got robbed of something amazing, God better explains it to me when i'm death.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
i dont, like almost every GT Nibali wins his main competitors fell out so we never knew the true value

You might think you got over the Kruijswijk thing, although you prob not yet but it'll never happen. You'll never get over it.

Not next year, not the year after but at least you had the comfort of mind seeing him beasting

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Red Rick said:
Don't make me sad Miburo. That Tour would've been awesome. Look at Contador's right arm there. It's crazy how good he was there.

Another reason why he was such a beast, it was raining. It was also raining on the planche des belles filles stage :(

But nibali was a monster, i don't know if contador could have done it but it would have been insane. Every stage, attacks left and right.

No pussy *** **** like what happened with AS and quintana, or some stupid sky train.

We got robbed of something amazing, God better explains it to me when i'm death.

I don't know. The 'real thing' would have likely been worse than the crazy things we created in our minds about what would have happened. Don't want to break that bubble.

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
i dont, like almost every GT Nibali wins his main competitors fell out so we never knew the true value

Butthurt and idiotic statement as always. Guess you gotta channel that hate towards Nibali since Krujswijk can't ride a bike and NL can't play football.

NUB.

Playing the nationalism card, as always.
Do you feel targeted as a Dutch?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
If Nibali is better this Tour than last year Tour, could we admit Giro dont make perform clearly worse in le Tour?

Because of one time? That would be then an anomaly. You're insane or trolling if you truly think that.

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Butthurt and idiotic statement as always. Guess you gotta channel that hate towards Nibali since Krujswijk can't ride a bike and NL can't play football.

NUB.

That doesn't matter. What matters is that he's free to make that point and you don't even try to contribute to the thread.

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

NUB.

That doesn't matter. What matters is that he's free to make that point and you don't even try to contribute to the thread.

I don't think DT was contributing much either. He is spewing the same old nonsense as always, thus why I called him out again, again. His statement should result in a ban - which cycling fan didn't wan't to witness that duel... I mean, really? Trolling of the highest order.

Re: Nibali discussion thread

DT's point is fair somewhat, it's not trolling. But you can't argue about Nibali in '14 either. He was the last guy standing. It's racing. He won. Period. Like this year's Giro. There's a lot to say, but he won. His resurrection is either epic or belongs to The Clinic.

Now looking forward, I don't know how much scouting he did, planning to win the TdF. Aru has been sub-par, and Nibali can destroy him. There's no love between the two.

Vincenzo was my pick last year and I was wrong. This year? He won't podium the Tour, he'll undermine Aru, who is weak right now. Maybe attack early, get a stage, say goodbye week 3.

A few years ago, who could have foreseen that Scarponi would one day help Nibali win the Giro?

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
we did get to see the battle between nibali and contador at tour and Nibs won both of them in one 2014 as people claim they were both in top shape and bertie crashed out and could not finish, similar to what happened to kruijswijk. in second one 2015, nibs finished one spot ahead of him. Personally I loved them both

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't see it mentioned here so dunno if it was news, but apparently Astana has 2 separate altitude training camps for Tour this year. Aru&co in one, Nibali, Fuglsang and Kangert in the other. Considering the latter 3 guys just finished the Giro and might be looking for very different preparation for the Tour because of that, it can make decent sense I guess. But if one were to look for potential internal tensions within Astana, I guess they could read it that way :p

Miburo said:
Taxus4a said:
If Nibali is better this Tour than last year Tour, could we admit Giro dont make perform clearly worse in le Tour?

Because of one time? That would be then an anomaly. You're insane or trolling if you truly think that.

No an anomally, for some riders, among them Contador, Giro is not a bad preparation for le Tour, they have the recovery to rest and perform well, and Contador has won stages in le Tour after le Giro. last year he couldnt reach that level, but IMO he reached a similar level to le Giro, just a little bit less.

Nibali is in le Tour to help ary and thinking in rio, so he wont be in the GC.. but you never knows.

Re:

mihhint said:
Don't see it mentioned here so dunno if it was news, but apparently Astana has 2 separate altitude training camps for Tour this year. Aru&co in one, Nibali, Fuglsang and Kangert in the other. Considering the latter 3 guys just finished the Giro and might be looking for very different preparation for the Tour because of that, it can make decent sense I guess. But if one were to look for potential internal tensions within Astana, I guess they could read it that way :p

It's no secret that there's no big love between the two but it has nothing to do with these different training camps. While Aru works with his group of loyal teammates preparing the Tour all this year, Nibali is with friend Agnoli, Tanel, Birdsong and mastermind Slongo in the usual San Pellegrino training camp, the place where he trains since many years now. Aru has the objective to get on the podium, anything less would be a disappointment for Vino and Nibali says he'll have the role of "battitore libero" (maybe our Italian friends can translate this properly), get maybe a stage and certainly prepare for once in a lifetime chance to win a medal in Rio. He will ride alongside Aru and not for him as "gregario di lusso". I don't think it's realistic to expect an Armstrong/Contador 2009 situation develop here since, with Rio as a main objective and the Giro in his legs and mind it is almost impossible for Nibali to challenge Tour de France.

Taxus4a said:
Miburo said:
Taxus4a said:

No an anomally, for some riders, among them Contador, Giro is not a bad preparation for le Tour, they have the recovery to rest and perform well, and Contador has won stages in le Tour after le Giro. last year he couldnt reach that level, but IMO he reached a similar level to le Giro, just a little bit less.

Nibali is in le Tour to help ary and thinking in rio, so he wont be in the GC.. but you never knows.

When? Not in 2011 and certainly not in 2015... And that were the only years when he did the Tour after the Giro.

Kwibus said:
Valv.Piti said:
I hope Nibali thinks higher of Tour de France than Rio just for the spectacle. It would be amazing if we had a really, really good Nibali in the Pyrenees

Impossible. He will ride the TdF not for GC else he can as well not show up in Rio.
Its not impossible, but its more likely he will be as bad as Contador 2015 or worse than contending for podium.