• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 538 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
I also believe Mohoric is a dark horse for Innsbruck.
Are we talking the same Roglic who got dropped repeatedly on the great mountains of the Deutchland Rundfahrt

No, we were talking about Mohoric who indeed got dropped in Deutschland but ended up winning it. Roglic was a ski jumper who currently rides his bike pretty fast. I understand it's a bit complicated with these Slovenians but Mohoroglic can be dangerous in Austria.

Rollthedice said:
Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
I also believe Mohoric is a dark horse for Innsbruck.
Are we talking the same Roglic who got dropped repeatedly on the great mountains of the Deutchland Rundfahrt

No, we were talking about Mohoric who indeed got dropped in Deutschland but ended up winning it. Roglic was a ski jumper who currently rides his bike pretty fast. I understand it's a bit complicated with these Slovenians but Mohoroglic can be dangerous in Austria.
My mind is fried. I was referring to Mohoric (almost called him Roglic again).

Roglic is one of the favorites in my book.

Today's performance came just at the right time, I was really starting to get worried because he didn't show signs of improvement. Hopefully he can back it up tomorrow with a strong ride up to the Lagos. So far he always backed off on the finishing climbs, probably because he was shying away from the really high intensities.
Btw, does anyone know wether he still feels the injury?

Re:

Sestriere said:
Today's performance came just at the right time, I was really starting to get worried because he didn't show signs of improvement. Hopefully he can back it up tomorrow with a strong ride up to the Lagos. So far he always backed off on the finishing climbs, probably because he was shying away from the really high intensities.
Btw, does anyone know wether he still feels the injury?

I kind of expect tomorrow will be rest day for him as was yesterday after stage 12 in the break.

Would also love to hear if there are comments from him about his sensations.

On BM's own report he actually says:

“I made the pace in front of the peloton to help our leader Ion to take in the best place possible the last climb and also to defend our first place in the team classification. I have long been in the group and the feelings improve step by step. I’m coming back on good levels “.

He also looked quite relaxed and smiling in the pictures before and after the stage in their twitter.

Slight positiveness in the air.

Re:

Oliver said:
Not many stages left for a possible Shark win.
Maybe Andorre from the break? But very short stage...

Stable tempo training tomorrow and into attack on Stage 17 which looks like a good stage for a break. In Andorra probably hanging on with the GC leads to see how he will cope fierce tempo uphill and maybe following attacks/attacking himself.

bambino said:
Oliver said:

Stable tempo training tomorrow and into attack on Stage 17 which looks like a good stage for a break. In Andorra probably hanging on with the GC leads to see how he will cope fierce tempo uphill and maybe following attacks/attacking himself.
Valverde taking red is very likely in the TT, and I don't see Astana and MS letting the break go on that stage at all. The terrain isn't that hard in the first half of the stage

I think Rabassa is way more likely to go to the break.

Red Rick said:
bambino said:
Oliver said:

Valverde taking red is very likely in the TT, and I don't see Astana and MS letting the break go on that stage at all. The terrain isn't that hard in the first half of the stage

I think Rabassa is way more likely to go to the break.

Stage 17 and the end of it suits well for Valverde. I wouldn't definitely give him a chance for further bonus seconds by bringing him to the sprint in the lead group.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
The good news today is that he no longer feels any pain or problems, it was a good test on a TT bike. Hopefully we'll have an exciting week.

Fantastic news. The TT body postition can be pretty painful if there are still problems with the back.

Need to tune in the TV for next 4 stages. Fireworks coming I hope.

Still terrible uphill even if there is some improvements compared to ten days ago when was dropped before Viviani, maybe he could be decent in time for Lombardia but at the WC if he'll go the team shouldn't be wasted working for him, everyone for himself in long range attacks is still the best option.
Well, also yesterday TT was very bad for a rider that in long TT is top 10 level with incursions in top 5.

It's an improvement, but there's still a lot of work to be done. But it is going in the right direction, definitely. Might be running out of time, though. The fact that it doesn't hurt anymore could mean he will go more full out than he was in the first two weeks and get that sort of testing in. But if we go to Tour 2016 shape, he would have been a minute and a half up the road. It's not a climb that suits him that much but he would've still definitely been top 5. Base point here was much lower, though.

“The sensations are always better – said Vincenzo – and the legs are getting better and better. There were so many quality riders in the break and we immediately got along. Too bad to have lost contact on the last climb, but for me it is important to know that I’m not 100% yet but I’m improving quickly “.

TRENDING THREADS