• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 549 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No comments on this snippet yet?

"I'd be flattered to receive an offer from Team Sky, I'd like that. It'd be a really nice challenge that I opted not to take up in the past. I don't have any regrets about that but Team Sky is a unique team; they can perhaps help you achieve things that you’ve never done before."

Well i had a feeling he wasnt 100 pct sure to stay with bahrain, thats why i asked before if the contract extension mentioned was true. As suspected it isnt.
Kinda shamefull bahrain doesnt wanna give him what he asks for considering they were nothing without him. I fear these are the type of things enzo doesnt like. They are going to bleed sponsors if he leaves.
Anyway he always stated he wanted support like froome has so this interview doesnt come as a shock to me. I know sky doesnt like riders to reveal they are in talks with the team so make of that what you will.
The thing i get from this interview is that he s still extremely motivated and thats what most important in the end.

Re:

tobydawq said:
No comments on this snippet yet?

"I'd be flattered to receive an offer from Team Sky, I'd like that. It'd be a really nice challenge that I opted not to take up in the past. I don't have any regrets about that but Team Sky is a unique team; they can perhaps help you achieve things that you’ve never done before."

Maybe Sky will turn him into a sprinter. Now this is the kind of news I really need before a quite possible depressing Lombardia.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Nibali can join Sky in 2020: his manager is waiting for an offer from the British team. Other options on the table are UAE and Trek or to renew with Bahrain-Merida (Gazzetta)

What a race from him. I wish he could have won but still, I think in a few years I will look back at this with a smile on my face. Not in top shape, risks it all with 50 k to go, can't hold Pinot's wheel on the final serious climb, gets caught, attacks again and still finishes 2nd. He is simply a champion.

Grande Vincenzo! Really excited for this great performance, and only a bit sad that he didn't win. He will come back stronger next year!
In Italian TV he said he is still unsure about next year's programm, so he will wait for the GT route presentations in the next weeks.

Re:

DanielSong39 said:
Any chance he will start focusing on the 1-day classics and monuments? He's still good enough to contend for those. He's not getting any younger and he looks better suited to be a super-dom in Grand Tours now.
No chance in hell he goes full time classics rider before one last crack at the Giro. He got 3rd and 2nd in his last GTs he completed for GC and he didn't get a chance to defend those chances this year.

TRENDING THREADS