• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 637 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thing it will be more like
"I don't really get why all of you are panicking, I think so far this is mostly going to plan. Yeah losing two minutes to Thomas on the first mtf looks bad on the surface but you have to look beyond the result sheet. Thomas originally planned to peak for the Tour, he misstimed his peak a bit, so he was in top shape from Tirreno Adriatico till now. There is no way he can keep this up till the third week which is where Nibali will be thriving. His shape is on a clear upwards trend and the way it looks he will be in perfect shape in week three which is where it really matters. Would you really rather be in top shape in that easy ass first week or on the Stelvio and the Agnello? There, the time gaps will be even bigger than here. Also, Thomas wasn't even that good himself. I mean he lost another two minutes to Yates and Fuglsang and any rational person knows they won't be able to keep it together for three weeks. Chill people. Everything going according to plan"
I'll hit resignation mode if he loses 2 minutes on Etna but that's also never happened no matter how *** he was in prep races.

I still have stage 19 and 20 on my dvr :) Whenever I need some inspiration I give them a watch. It's never over until the fat lady sings!

Ahh, these two stages will never get old. I remember well that I was playing table tennis with a friend of mine at school and accidentally decided to check the livestream and saw "Kruijswijk crashes!!". Then we played on for about half an hour and I rushed to my house to watch. Such an inspiration that was for me as I had decided not to watch the Giro after the Dolomites. :hearteyes:

Reactions: Carols
From corriere.it:

What is the realistic goal for this Giro?

"I don't know either! Until ten days ago it was all a question mark, then at the World Championship in Imola I felt good for the first time. My name is Vincenzo, I have a number attached to my back (it will be n.191 ed), I want a result to take home. Experience teaches me that I'm always ready for the Grand Tours".

As is already known, Ciccone will start. He had the full covid experience, didn’t touch his bike for 15 days but now he’s clear to go. From gazzetta.it about the worlds in Imola and Nibali:

“I saw the ending. And I thought I would have made something up. I saw Vincenzo as being very very good, I do not understand certain criticisms, you can see that from the sofa we are all professionals. The route was not for him, and he didn't come from the Tour, yet he was there: I'm super confident for the Giro".

TRENDING THREADS