• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 667 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not good as expected... But losing so much time in the descent is really bad. o_O
Proves once again that gaining on a descent is a matter of legs and not just of ability.

I think we should be thankful of some 10 entertaining years but that should be it for GTs. Not another year of terrible performances and zero attacks hoping shape will be fine for the Giro. Race for fun.

Question is if he was worse than he usually is or if the rest is just on a whole new level. Based on Slongos comments so far it seems like Nibalis numbers are just as good as in 2016.
I really think that a different team/coach could help him but at this point it won´t happen.

Question is if he was worse than he usually is or if the rest is just on a whole new level. Based on Slongos comments so far it seems like Nibalis numbers are just as good as in 2016.
I really think that a different team/coach could help him but at this point it won´t happen.
I don't believe for one second he's on his usual level. Dropped by Konrad on a stage like today? Come on.

That just can't be real. If that really were the case, I would have to reconsider everything I've seen from Vincenzo.

He has a very beautiful career, we should be happy and proud. But for Grand Tours it's over now, we have to accept that. The younger riders are just better and much more explosive. Better focus on 1-day races next year.
It's a disappointing year for me so far because he said he wanted to be good from the beginning (after Covid break), but he was always not good enough. Really bad Tirreno. So the expectations for the Giro were not high for me.
I believe he can still win big races.

Don't believe it either. It's not possible riders like Hart/Hindley/Kelderman/Bilboa etc are soooo much better then him on his top level, no way. He's just not good enough, Slongo can say what he wants.

TRENDING THREADS