• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 675 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
From his FB page:

The effort of the Giro and this crazy season are behind me. It's time to recharge myself and there is nothing more incidive than the serenity of those who love you :)
A heartfelt thanks to all those who, in these months, have supported and cheered me. Your warmth is the thing that, more than any other, will serve as a stimulus to restart
A big hug and THANKS .

From his FB page:

The effort of the Giro and this crazy season are behind me. It's time to recharge myself and there is nothing more incidive than the serenity of those who love you :)
A heartfelt thanks to all those who, in these months, have supported and cheered me. Your warmth is the thing that, more than any other, will serve as a stimulus to restart
A big hug and THANKS .
Mildly annoying the wife having to take the picture:p?

Reactions: topcat
From his FB page:

A big hug and THANKS .

This kinda makes me wish someone would get Nibali to read a translated version of this thread. Wonder what he would think

From his FB page:

A big hug and THANKS .

Has Slongo put him on some kind of weird juice cleanse, if it even is juice?
Smart move by Emma to stick with good ol' hot cocoa.

Reactions: SafeBet
From his FB page:

A big hug and THANKS .

He looks way younger. The Slongo treatment for the Giro was an in fact anti-aging instead of getting him in shape. He mixed the magic potions.

Luca Guercilena, team manager of Trek-Segafredo: "the future is about winning one day races." LBL, the Olympics and the Lombardia were mentioned... possibly no GT.

"If the 2020 season had gone as we would have liked, Vincenzo would have participated in the Ardennes Classics, the World Championship and the Olympics, together with the Giro d'Italia. The future therefore foresees the possibility to compete in the one-day races and be able to win them".

Now all we need is for the world to get back to some sort of normality by spring next year.

Reactions: Carols
Luca Guercilena, team manager of Trek-Segafredo: "the future is about winning one day races." LBL, the Olympics and the Lombardia were mentioned... possibly no GT.
I very much doubt he won't ride a GT next year. Two reasons:

• he has stated that riding a GT helps him find the shape and be sharper in one day races
  • Trek doesn't pay his most representative and popular rider to have him ride only the Classics

If he has given up on GC ambitions, the most sensible approach is to ride the spring Classics and then go stage hunting at the Tour. I'm not entirely sure Trek would be happy with that though.

Reactions: Oliver

TRENDING THREADS