• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 676 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If Nibali can't compete in a Giro it's not like he's magically gonna be able to compete in the Olympics.

He was decently competitive in the Worlds against the best while off his top shape on a not quite suitable route. Try to hit the best shape for the Ardennes, LBL then hold it as much as possible in the Giro, Tour for fun and training for OG, forget Lombardia. It's complicated but I still hope he'll give us more excitement in a normal season.

Reactions: Carols and SafeBet
Any chance that Vincenzo skips the Giro to focus on the Tour in 2021 guys ? I miss him in the GC contention in the TdF :/

Very unlikely, unfortunately. From what I remember, Vincenzo himself said multiple times that he felt 2018 was his last chance for a second Tour. May the man rest well and consider his options wisely so that he shall give us pure excitement next year.

Very unlikely, unfortunately. From what I remember, Vincenzo himself said multiple times that he felt 2018 was his last chance for a second Tour. May the man rest well and consider his options wisely so that he shall give us pure excitement next year.
I mean as the race played out I don't think he even had a real shot that Tour, but it was his last chance at a podium probably. IMO, that final stage win in 2019 is good resolution of Nibali's Tour career.

Reactions: Carols
He doesn't need another GT. Honestly what would change in the end? He'll never have the palmares of Froome, but it's not like he need another GT to become a legend. He already is.

What he really needs is the Ardennes classics. And that damn WC.

Just one World Championship title and there's no way he would trade his achievements with Froome's ones I think.

Reactions: Carols
A personal message to this thread on the advent of his birthday!
Nibali: "To the keyboard lions who tell me that I've failed I say that at 36 I'm not to be thrown away"

In Italian pay-walled after paragraph 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Eeslliw and Carols
Nibali: "To the keyboard lions who tell me that I've failed I say that at 36 I'm not to be thrown away"

I feel so attacked right now.

Well, if he says so. Maybe his Giro performance was nothing some ketones can't fix.

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93

Happy Birthday Vincenzo :hearteyes: You're completely Correct. Please give us more shows! Your palmares say 'Legend'; one whose name will live on in the lore of cycling.

CN with some kind of translation of the Gazzetta article.

“My idea is not to concentrate on one target but to race ‘freely,’ so to speak, without the pressure and the stress of getting a result at all costs. And without thinking about the following races.”

Yes, please.

TRENDING THREADS