• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 686 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nibali is still training on Teide until Monday together with Brambilla, Mosca and bro Antonio. Everything under close supervision of... Paolo Slongo. No stress, concentrated but relaxed. Wakes up first at 7 in the morning! Next Tour of the Alps 19-23 and Liege on 25.

In his spare time he studies the Giro road book:

He's reading the book updise down. Where's this Sega di Ala descent finish?

I dont believe that quickstep rumor for a second although the timing is interesting. Lefevere obviously has found a good sponsor and more money as he signed evenepoel for 5 more years and asgreen also got a new contract this week.
Everyone is looking for climbers i get that but nibs doesnt fit in a wolfpack team i think, thats just not how he rolls. His relation with evenepoel and those flemish riders is also not very good.
He ll probably go to uae if his giro is good enough. Doesnt He have the same manager as pogacar or am i mistaken?

Beppe Conti sez (gossip I presume) that the Giro is important for Vincenzo's future. If he gets a top 5 he'll go to either UAE to help Pog or to Lefevere (!) to help Remco. If he wins the Olympics, Nibali will retire.

Well I hope he wins the Olympics and retires if this is true. I can't see him being a climbing slave for anyone as his main function. He has never been afraid to work for a teammate as long has he had support for his big goals. But being a super dom just doesn't work for me! Of course if He wants to keep riding and is happy doing that I'll support his decision.

I dont believe that quickstep rumor for a second although the timing is interesting. Lefevere obviously has found a good sponsor and more money as he signed evenepoel for 5 more years and asgreen also got a new contract this week.
Everyone is looking for climbers i get that but nibs doesnt fit in a wolfpack team i think, thats just not how he rolls. His relation with evenepoel and those flemish riders is also not very good.
He ll probably go to uae if his giro is good enough. Doesnt He have the same manager as pogacar or am i mistaken?

Yes, Alex Carrera. Back to the desert then. These are of course just rumors, there's still a long road until the Mikuni Pass showdown in Japan.

Nibali to DQS is a dream for me.
Peak for the spring Classics, perhaps some cobbles too.
Superdom at the Tour with Remco.
Destroy the WC and fall Italian classics.

They have literally resuscitated Cavendish. Imagine what they could do for Nibbles. And I don't believe relational issues can be a problem for one second. These guys are professional athletes. As long as they all ride to win they will get along just fine.

Please make it happen, Beppe Conti.

Nibali to DQS is a dream for me.
Peak for the spring Classics, perhaps some cobbles too.
Superdom at the Tour with Remco.
Destroy the WC and fall Italian classics.

They have literally resuscitated Cavendish. Imagine what they could do for Nibbles. And I don't believe relational issues can be a problem for one second. These guys are professional athletes. As long as they all ride to win they will get along just fine.

Please make it happen, Beppe Conti.
Peaking for the spring classics (finally going for Roubaix) and holding Remco's hand on the descents in the GTs, that wouldn't be bad.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ladies in gentlemen

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS