• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 696 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'd say this is pretty much where I expected him before the start. There was just no way a rider who has been bad at getting into the gt rythm for ages is suddenly in peak shape after the worst gt preparation of his career. I'm still hopeful he'll be good in the Alps and can cause some chaos together with Ciccone.
That's pretty much also my opinion, now I really hope that Ciccone is able to hold his form for 3 weeks.

I'd say this is pretty much where I expected him before the start. There was just no way a rider who has been bad at getting into the gt rythm for ages is suddenly in peak shape after the worst gt preparation of his career. I'm still hopeful he'll be good in the Alps and can cause some chaos together with Ciccone.
Tbh I feared worse. This is about as good as it gets for now, though I hope he's trending upwards.

Hope to see Vincenzo and Ciccone running amok together as the race goes on, causing chaos. Go full saunier duval
As of now Ciccone is himself running amok to the point that he'll run himself into amok. In all seriousness i'm kind of concerned as at least right now he has the capabilities of a very high GC placing if not even a podium.

I very humbly think Nibbles is IN a BAG... the plastic kind.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Nibali at the moment is not that far behind imo. Of course he is not going to win this Giro but that would have been difficult even if he had been in peak condition because of his age.

But I think he still has a role to play this Giro. Especially I am looking towards him to help blow up the 'Strade Bianchi-lite' stage.

Reactions: Sandisfan

last GT before this one the best Nibali looked was on the first mountain stage on day 3 of the race

Reactions: SafeBet
x2
MLNW5rL.jpg

He's way better than I expected. I thought he's basically just coming for show because it's the Giro and he's obligated to ride. But he's here to compete and must still be taken seriously.

Tuttobiciweb reports:

Vincenzo is well and the sensations for him are positive even if, because of the fracture of the wrist, when the weather promises rain, the humidity affects negatively the Sicilian's arm. It must be said moreover that the wet handlebars are a danger for him, that so he is forced to keep high the concentration to avoid that the hand slips from the handlebars. In these first stages the Sicilian doesn't want to risk, because the race is long and he must be able to arrive in the third week in the best possible conditions. The problem to the arm is there, but the team reassures that Nibali is on the ball, he feels good in the limit of his condition and in this pink race, as soon as there will be the opportunity, he wants to give emotions to all his fans.

Tuttobiciweb reports:

Vincenzo is well and the sensations for him are positive even if, because of the fracture of the wrist, when the weather promises rain, the humidity affects negatively the Sicilian's arm. It must be said moreover that the wet handlebars are a danger for him, that so he is forced to keep high the concentration to avoid that the hand slips from the handlebars. In these first stages the Sicilian doesn't want to risk, because the race is long and he must be able to arrive in the third week in the best possible conditions. The problem to the arm is there, but the team reassures that Nibali is on the ball, he feels good in the limit of his condition and in this pink race, as soon as there will be the opportunity, he wants to give emotions to all his fans.
Legs good
knees week
arms heavy
moms spaghetti

TRENDING THREADS