• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 723 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vinokourov back in Astana and Nibali to return: "Yes, the agreement is near"
The "restoration" in the Kazakh team would favor the signing of the Sicilian for 2022: it is the team with which he won two Giro's and the Tour.

Source (in Italiano Paywalled after a paragraph)

Yet years older and having lost Scarponi
Nah, Vino and Vincenzo will go full restauratio imperii mode. :cool:

The Vin(cenz)o option:

"I can't believe that he can still win the Giro d'Italia or the Tour de France - admits Astana's manager - you have to be realistic. But Vincenzo can do good things. And he's not that old, he's still 36. If we look, Valverde is 41. Yes, he crashed a few days ago, but he's always won. Nibali still has the qualities to do well. He can win stages and why not a great classic. The important thing is that he's happy, then the results will come".

"I think a mental change is needed - resumes the Kazakh - This year Vincenzo was also unlucky. Because he had the legs but he crashed and hurt himself just before the Giro and broke all his plans. I think he could have finished in the top five.

"For us he is an important image man. His greatest triumphs have been with us and for this reason I think he wants to return to Astana and find this serenity, that he wants to embrace the group with which he won. I was also pleased by this. Because a rider who comes back at the end of his career and recognizes who made him win is a good thing for the team, for us."

Reactions: Carols

TRENDING THREADS