• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 724 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There's reasonable conclusions from this and then there's "the bag" category. When he is in good overall shape his TT is good so there's hope he'll do something in the big race from October.

As for "the bag" predictions, obviously he trained to be able to hold Remco's wheel when they'll attack some 60 km from the finish in Bergamo. If Evenepoel will survive the descents and some other dudes join the winning move, there's the next training step on Sunday. Polishing his sprint in Frankfurt.

There's reasonable conclusions from this and then there's "the bag" category. When he is in good overall shape his TT is good so there's hope he'll do something in the big race from October.

As for "the bag" predictions, obviously he trained to be able to hold Remco's wheel when they'll attack some 60 km from the finish in Bergamo. If Evenepoel will survive the descents and some other dudes join the winning move, there's the next training step on Sunday. Polishing his sprint in Frankfurt.
The only reasonable conclusion is that Lombardia is deep in the bag. The wcrr is also in the bag if he condescends to ride it. Otherwise the wcrr is in Bettiol's bag which is going to be an attractive package in a few years.

Lombardia route will be announced on Tuesday. In the meantime leaks point out to a 239 km race with Ghisallo in the first part of the race from the easier side then the last 153 km here:

Selvino is in fact Passo Di Ganda, last 3 km around 9-10% with max 14. If you look closely, that "in the bag" 60km attack by Remco/Nibali, as mentioned before in this thread will take place somewhere on the Dossena-Zambia Alta or descent combo.

Reactions: Carols and topcat
Our man in Sicily:

"It weighs on me not to have won and I don't want to use Covid and crashes as justification. I'm fine, after the Tour and the Olympics I had a long break and when I came back, at the Tour of Luxembourg, my legs weren't bad. I'd like to try it here, maybe on Etna, and then in the autumn classics, especially in my Lombardia"

Our man in Sicily:

"It weighs on me not to have won and I don't want to use Covid and crashes as justification. I'm fine, after the Tour and the Olympics I had a long break and when I came back, at the Tour of Luxembourg, my legs weren't bad. I'd like to try it here, maybe on Etna, and then in the autumn classics, especially in my Lombardia"
He does know that we won't have an Etna MTF because of the recent erruptions, right?

TRENDING THREADS