• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Tahts clear Cannondale has had a main shot on US for many years. Another example was Jaroslav Kulhavý - biker, he signed to Cannondale in his 20 as a very promising talent, but he failed hugely as Cannondale demanded he ride mainly in US, while Jaroslav preferred to ride in Europe - then he collapsed mentally being left without his relatives, with no skills in English, hindered from a major part of European biking season. That cost him 5 years of his career.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The more I think of it, the more I'm sure that BMC will make him an offer he won't be able to refuse.

Which is going to be his shortfall in the long run

Sørensen said:
Really Hope Riis goes after Sanchez instead. Would be ace With Contador and Sanchez riding together.

Sanchez won't go to Riis. Sanchez is guaranteed sole leader in every race he wants in his current team, he isn't going to throw that away. He might go to another team, but not a team with a bigger rider I am nearly sure.

I wonder where he would prefer to ride, perhaps in terms of a less than stellar performance, or mishap at Le Tour?
Normally, I would say riding Utah/Colorado would mean no Vuelta fallback.
However, given the nature of this year's course, would he even want to fallback upon it?

Imo, him riding the US races is a completely pointless waste for everyone, other than Cannondale.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
i am wondering what is Nibali's comment about this year Giro?:D
I would guess something along the lines of "I would have attacked and won the race."
Or at least thats what I think he would have done :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
That blows for Nibali and us as fans who want a better contested Tour...

Flipping Tour of Colorado! Might as well send him to Tour of China, equally un-noteworthy for an Italian cyclist. Why can't Liquigas just top end the Tour of Colorado with USA-ans and pat themselves on the back, heck send Basso he's too tired from the Giro anyway. If he is made to go I hope he bails early and goes on a nice vacation in the states.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Would be nice to see ACF and dwlsonic cheering for Nibali. but also would like to see him at astana.

It will be a dangerous cocktail if Nib rides for Astana, it would be like Contador riding for US postal but without Armstrong.

Scary!

sorry is it's a bit off topic

but if Liquigas will leave the sport after theis 2012 season, where will Sagan go?

please remember that Geox is a sponsor without any luck. They finished it after last year's Vuelta, they are bound to fail. Peter stay away from them and their ugly jersey design.

OPQS I hope

pastronef said:
sorry is it's a bit off topic

but if Liquigas will leave the sport after theis 2012 season, where will Sagan go?

please remember that Geox is a sponsor without any luck. They finished it after last year's Vuelta, they are bound to fail. Peter stay away from them and their ugly jersey design.

OPQS I hope
Hijack alert!!! :D

TRENDING THREADS