• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2020, Spain, February 5 - February 9

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hope Foss is okay.

uR9mzYi.png

Last edited:
That’s a very impressive win, He beat Valverde, Teuns, Martin on a puncheur’s finish. The club of riders who have done that consists almost entirely of high level puncheurs. Of course it’s early season so form is very uneven, but Valverde at least is never in truly bad form.

Groenewegen camouflaging himself as a Bahrain rider... Or maybe I'm just stupid, and didn't think to look at the helmet...

He switched yellow for orange as the combined leader or something of the sort.

Also apparently Jack Haig is now the overall leader, even though there are 7 riders on same time as him, for example Pogacar and Valverde. Apparently they wanted to add in bonus seconds in this race but then decided not to.

EQLr1zCW4AEKUaO

Last edited:
Good for Jakobsen's morale this sprint.

Yeah that time Groenewegen beat him through timing not by going markedly faster. In fact Jakobsen was closing when they were both in the wind at the end. Still though I’d say winning again wasn’t bad for Groenewegen’s morale either.

Top quality Dutch sprinters are like busses, wait ages and then two come along at once.

I don’t have much to justify this beyond their ages and a hunch, but I expect Jakobsen to end up even faster than Grnwgn. Obviously Dylan currently has the edge, but Fabio has been exceptionally fast very young.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS